2 Replies - 1063 Views - Last Post: 02 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

My site looks odd on AOL

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:43 AM

Hi Everyone,
I am building my site in dreamweaver. Everything looks great so far but in certain people browsers like some AOL
the boxes are not showing the appropriate size...and the png. are showing grey on the transparency. Is there any way around this so my css code looks ok in older browsers? Thanks in Advanced.

http://www.nataliefoxdesign.com

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: My site looks odd on AOL

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My site looks odd on AOL

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

Ok, it's not AOL users, it's IE users, and more specific IE 6. In firefox it looks like what you intended it to look like. In IE 7 it will probably look right too since it has better support of pngs and css then previous versions. Your going to have some problems with pngs in IE 6, because it simply doesn't really support them, it doesn't support png transprecy, which is the only reason to use pngs over gifs or jpgs. But there is a trick, there is a script you can use to display pngs right in IE 6, it works fine but bear in mind that it will be REALLY REALLY SLOW if you use alot of pngs on the page and the user is using IE 6. I have expirensed that before and to tell you the truth, it's not really fun to have to wait for 200+ pngs to correct themselves using the script. Here you can find the script: http://homepage.ntlw...osola/index.htm.

You will have to also test each page in at least both IE 6 and Firefox 2, and it is recommended to test all of your other target browsers as well.

One last thing, it is supposed to be a web desginer's website right? if so, why aren't you trying to impress me? it is way way too simple for me, my advice for you is to take some more time to design a better layout. Remeber simplicity is good as long as it flows well, good colors and alot alot of thought was given to every aspect of the design. Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• lost in compilation
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: My site looks odd on AOL

Posted 02 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

no offense, but the layout needs work.. it is not displaying "nicely" in FF2.0 it seems like it's cut off or something.. can't put my finger on what's wrong.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1