CASE tools

looking for one :)

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 8024 Views - Last Post: 24 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

CASE tools

Post icon  Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

Well, I am lookng for the best CASE tools, I had visio before but I didnt like it much so I got rid of it, but now I need to download a new one so I can do a presentation about it this monday, but I am looking for a good / easy to use one but I am not sure...there are lots and I am not fimilar with any so any suggestions? Thanks!!

P.s: hey sorry but I dont know where to post this haha, anyway if its in the wrong place you can move it right? :wub:

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: CASE tools

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: CASE tools

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

As far as I am concerned you posted in the right category. So no worries there. This is about software development after all.

As for your case tools, it really depends on what type of case tools you are looking for. There are UML case tools, code generation case tools (compilers etc), data modeling tools, refactoring tools and more. If you are talking about the ones in the same area as Visio you have quite a few out there. One simple one that looks good (I haven't tried it) is listed at the link below...

UML Case Tool Tutor

But if you want more kinds you can simply type into Google something along the lines of "UML case tools" or "data modeling case tools" and get a bunch of sites.

Another place you could look is somewhere like www.download.com and check their Tools and editors section which should list some more case tools. Here is a link for it below.

Download.com tools and editors section

With that you should be able to find something to do a presentation on.

Good luck on the presentation! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.rascal
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:59 PM

If you would describe what is your problem with Visio (and what advantages it has), maybe others could recommend something that would suite you better. I think there is probably no CASE tool that everyone would say is the best, but there might be one that might fit you most.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:32 AM

Thanks guys!!

Hmm I only used visio to draw the flowchart things last semester, but in the systems analysis and design class...I need something more professional, she mentioned 3 types of CASE tools (I dont know anything about CASE tools to be honest) there was 1s like vision (draw things) which I am not looking for..some that can generate code only and some can do both which I think is best? but I dont know which ones do...and that is my problem, I searched on google tho, but I am not sure what I am looking for I mean I know nothing about any of them....so if any of you have used one and like it you may want to tell me about it :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

Well when you don't know, read about it! Wikipedia offers are great page on explaining case tools, the types, and more information about them.

wikipedia article on case tools
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Guest_Alud*

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:27 AM

View PostDoka, on 10 September 2007 - 11:37 AM, said:

Well, I am lookng for the best CASE tools, I had visio before but I didnt like it much so I got rid of it, but now I need to download a new one so I can do a presentation about it this monday, but I am looking for a good / easy to use one but I am not sure...there are lots and I am not fimilar with any so any suggestions? Thanks!!

P.s: hey sorry but I dont know where to post this haha, anyway if its in the wrong place you can move it right? :wub:

hi, try here and choose the UML tool you want: UML
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1