2 Replies - 2060 Views - Last Post: 25 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Which one is good Software Testing or Software Development?

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Hi friends,
I have done B.tech in Computer Science,Now i got job in Software development company as a software tester.
But i am too much confused about my career to go in software testing field,because most of people say that
testing profile is not so good as development,but as a fresher very tuff to get job in MNC.can you advice me friends.
What should i do?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Which one is good Software Testing or Software Development?

#2 macosxnerd101   User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Which one is good Software Testing or Software Development?

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Moved to Corner Cubicle, as this isn't a Java question.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Which one is good Software Testing or Software Development?

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

There's nothing wrong with starting as a tester. It can give you valuable experience that might otherwise take longer if you started as a developer. This includes stuff like understanding how the "development life cycle" actually works in the industry. How to read a requirements document in its entirety. How to find bugs created by other developers. How to read/write a problem report in such a way that the same procedure is used to re-create the problem.

To sum that up, the relevant work (to a software developer) of being a tester is not testing.

That being the case, if you find yourself in a testing role, make sure to keep your development skills sharp by writing code. Things like in-house software used to against the product software, do automation work (helps you and the team!), and simply research projects (perhaps you are curious how something was done in the product software, write a small project for yourself to explore the idea). Above all else, show this work to your direct manager. This is crucial because it will build a portfolio with the company showing you know software development and have the ability to move up!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1