3 Replies - 412 Views - Last Post: 15 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Any ideas for a staff page, with ability to develop a CV?

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:08 AM

Hello All!

I have to develope a website with a staff area that when you click on any of the 3 staff members names, a page will appear with a form asking you to input your CV information. Once you have put in all of your information, the page will turn all that information into a nicely made CV. The CV will be styled using internal styling, and not the external style sheet that I am using with the rest of my website.

Can anything think of any ways to do this? What way would be best? HTML, Javascript? (I have seen a tutorial to do something similar in PHP, but we haven't been taught PHP, so I'm assuming we can't use it).

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense. I'm new to explaining these things, lol. Thanks in advanced!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Any ideas for a staff page, with ability to develop a CV?

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Any ideas for a staff page, with ability to develop a CV?

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

View PostiCurtisIT, on 15 November 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

What way would be best? HTML, Javascript?

it solely depends on the device you want to show it on. if itís to be shown in a browser, you must use HTML/CSS, because thatís what the browser can read (ok, nowadays PDF is also an option).

whether you use PHP/JS/etc. to create that HTML, is a totally different matter.

since you create that output dynamically, I do not see a need to not use external stylesheets. just switch the refs to the CSS files. canít be that hard in PHP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Thank you for your reply. It will just be shown on a normal screen, in Internet Explorer, Firefox and/or Google Chrome.

The reason I mention the stylesheets is the website is groupwork with 1 stylesheet, but the CV Page has to have internal styling. (Because we have to do it individually).

We have been taught Javascript so I am guessing they will want me to use that. Html and Css I am picking up quickly, although I am finding Javascript quite hard to grasp.

Thanks.

Curtis
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

View PostiCurtisIT, on 15 November 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

The reason I mention the stylesheets is the website is groupwork with 1 stylesheet, but the CV Page has to have internal styling. (Because we have to do it individually).

even then you can include your personal CSS file.

We have been taught Javascript so I am guessing they will want me to use that. Html and Css I am picking up quickly,

JS alone does not make you a web site. JS alone does not even gives you a display (by default). JS is used to modify an already existing web page.

although I am finding Javascript quite hard to grasp.

thatís probably because JS is a fully fledged programming language and HTML a markup language and CSS a styling language.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1