4 Replies - 866 Views - Last Post: 20 February 2014 - 12:40 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help with my web browser game

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

Hello everyone, Im new to the forum, I've started planning with my uncle this web browser rpg. The game will be mostly PvP and a bit of PvE, it will have a map with "squares" which will have coordinates and you will need turns to move each square... thats a bit of the game so you can have an idea.

Im not sure but I want to start making the databases and then the php scripts...

I don't know with what to start, maybe an user account system? Im not sure if I have to put in a table just the account details, like ID, Name, Surname, Username, Password, Email, Date of Birth. or also include the Character details, like the main attributes that would be Strength, Dextery, Speed, Wisdom and Vitality.

Also I would like to know if I should start with the website first or with the databases and php.
The website should be in html? I want to keep it simple.

Thanks, and sorry for all the questions.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with my web browser game

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with my web browser game

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:54 AM

Our web based game essentials pinned thread is a good starting point. Denis1 also has some good tutorials on web based games.

Though to be fair, I think you're biting off too much, if you don't understand the web technologies. I think you should start off with learning the basics of PHP and not jump into making an MMO.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Im not sure but I want to start making the databases and then the php scripts...

You get an idea by starting with planning. Define how you want it to look, menus, actions, interactions, etc. From there you can define actors and who/how the user will interact with all your screens (and system in general).. and with all of that you can flesh out database needs.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Well thank you. I think I'll keep studying PHP and MySql first, at least I got the idea of a lot of stuff for our game. Anyway we got help of another uncle that studied this, so he said this was easy to do. I'll let you know if the project works =)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

I'm actually in the process of rebuilding a game that I created awhile back. I wrote it using mysql_ but i'm re-programming it from the ground up, using PDO. It's a fun project.

The game includes:

user system
pvp
world (navigate using 'WASD' keys, moving either 'north,south,west,east' fully ajax)
user equipment (weapon, shield, foot, legs, neck, head, ring, body, with sets aswell)
backpack, and vault.
crews (crew raiding from the world, crew vaults for equipment, hitlist, permissions, rank changing)
trade center
messaging
item upgrades (so users can upgrade their equipment to higher stats with points that were purchased)

If you ever wanted to chat about it, i'd be interested. But I wish you the best of luck in your game
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1