4 Replies - 721 Views - Last Post: 19 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Problem with pin it plugin in custom Wordpress theme

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Hello fellow coders, developers, and friends. I have been boggling my mind all night and day trying to figure out why the plugin (http://wordpress.org/plugins/jquery-pin-it-button-for-images/) doesn't want to work on my custom theme (http://www.cookiesociety.com). It works fine in all other themes that I've tried. I went through all of the PHP theme files and cannot find any red flags that would be causing this issue.

I decided to go ahead and ask the pros-you guys :)

Also, if someone could point me in the right direction as to how to get "Most Popular Posts" to show up in the footer with circle images, that would be great, but not my number one priority.

Thank you in advance, if you have any requests or questions, please ask. I didn't provide any code, because I don't know which code to provide, considering I don't have a clue as to where the problem would be. I assume it may be the functions.php file, but I've been wrong before.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Problem with pin it plugin in custom Wordpress theme

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Problem with pin it plugin in custom Wordpress theme

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

To start debugging that I would open your browser's developer tools and check for Javascript errors in the console on the pages where you're trying to use it. Also check the Net tab and look for multiple versions of the same things, for example make sure you aren't including multiple versions of jQuery or anything else. If all of that looks fine then look at the source code of the page from the browser to make sure that the Javascript to initialize whatever you're adding is present.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 19 February 2014 - 11:14 PM, said:

To start debugging that I would open your browser's developer tools and check for Javascript errors in the console on the pages where you're trying to use it. Also check the Net tab and look for multiple versions of the same things, for example make sure you aren't including multiple versions of jQuery or anything else. If all of that looks fine then look at the source code of the page from the browser to make sure that the Javascript to initialize whatever you're adding is present.

Hello, I appreciate your response and suggestion. I went ahead and completed a debug by enabling debug in the WP-Config and I got the error message below. I came up empty when Googling a solution and was hoping someone on D.I.C. could point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.) in /hermes/bosoraweb072/b1384/ipg.cookiesocietycom/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3049 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/bosoraweb072/b1384/ipg.cookiesocietycom/wp-includes/functions.php:3049) in /hermes/bosoraweb072/b1384/ipg.cookiesocietycom/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 896
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

I solved that issue by removing one of the other plugins I had installed. Still the Pin it button plugin doesn't work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

I solved the problem. Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1