2 Replies - 894 Views - Last Post: 22 February 2014 - 08:06 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What does the term Static mean?

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

I've had so many people try to explain this to me, but I just don't get it.

Can someone explain this to me in baby terms and give me one example. I would really much appreciate it!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What does the term Static mean?

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: What does the term Static mean?

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

While Execution of Main methods,all methods and data members inside Class are accessed through object instantiate for that Class, but if you want to access any member or data without object creation of that class, make them as static.

static member can be shared among all instances of class. They are not for any one instances of Class they are for all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What does the term Static mean?

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:06 AM

This is a great question to showcase (1) how to do a decent search on-line for yourself, and in (2) using the mountains of documentation created by Microsoft for developers such as yourself. Posting questions like this just slows you down. In the time it takes to post the question you could have gone directly to the answer. Now add to that the time it takes before someone writes a response. You don't have time for all that delay, you've got code to write.

If you didn't already know, there is the MSDN site for developers. Every term and technology of every .NET language is fully explained with example code. Though frankly I don't care much for their search engine within MSDN.

I find that if you use Google with the terms "MSDN" plus what you are looking for, the first couple links are exactly what you want. For example, if you did a Google search for "MSDN static", the very first link is to the page you want.

How to do a targeted search to get the answers you're looking for. - Read this tutorial

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 22 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1