4 Replies - 944 Views - Last Post: 08 April 2014 - 01:04 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Project Creation Failure(XAML)

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:55 AM

Got this freaky error upon project creation(Metro app)
Error	1	'Sub Main' was not found in 'App4'.	App4
Error	2	Expression is of type 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation(Of Windows.Storage.StorageFile)', which is not awaitable.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\Common\SuspensionManager.vb	65	59	App4
Error	3	'OpenStreamForWriteAsync' is not a member of 'Windows.Storage.StorageFile'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\Common\SuspensionManager.vb	67	52	App4
Error	4	Expression is of type 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation(Of Windows.Storage.StorageFile)', which is not awaitable.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\Common\SuspensionManager.vb	92	59	App4
Error	5	Expression is of type 'Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation(Of Windows.Storage.Streams.IInputStream)', which is not awaitable.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\Common\SuspensionManager.vb	95	74	App4
Error	6	'AsStreamForRead' is not a member of 'Windows.Storage.Streams.IInputStream'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\Common\SuspensionManager.vb	99	70	App4
Error	7	'itemListView' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	29	13	App4
Error	8	'itemsViewSource' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	32	60	App4
Error	9	'itemsViewSource' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	33	17	App4
Error	10	'itemsViewSource' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	38	62	App4
Error	11	'itemsViewSource' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	40	17	App4
Error	12	'itemsViewSource' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	52	12	App4
Error	13	'itemsViewSource' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	53	66	App4
Error	14	'itemListView' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	106	52	App4
Error	15	'itemListView' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	111	13	App4
Error	16	'itemListView' is not a member of 'App4.SplitPage'.	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\SplitPage.xaml.vb	131	91	App4
Error	17	Cannot resolve Windows Metadata	c:\users\a\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App4\App4\App4.vbproj	App4

I have absolutely no idea what to do to fix this, the "sub main" portion makes me think that it's being recognized as a console application but idk for sure. Thanks!
-UltraWhite

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Project Creation Failure(XAML)

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Project Creation Failure(XAML)

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

Acc to me there is some build problem with your project if your codes are correct then check out the following
1create another new project
2 create the same userinterface
3. debug it
4. copy your codes and paste it in respective area of your project
5. build the same project again(debug) and it should work
6. visual studio never gets mistaken about the type of app you are making

this happened with me also but when i corrected code and performed these steps they worked .
hope for luck

but acc to me there is some mistake in your code
find code, correct it and then perform my steps
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:37 AM

These type of problems are common in creation of program. A single mistake can distruct your whole program so create it carefully
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

See the issue is that I created a blank app, and I have done literally nothing to it, and it's outputting these messages. There's 'nothing' I can change without creating hundreds more errors.(ie. adding a sub main() to the program.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:04 AM

WHITE i think so i can solve your problem
1. write your all details about visual studio(version,installation, previous version)

Acc to me there is some problem with your installation of visual studio or with developer licence
if you have previous versions then uninstall them(if sure then only do this) and install the new version properly check that your windows is properly activated or not
Moreover check that there are no problem withdeveloper licence

A CLEAN INSTALL OF VISUAL STUDIO WILL WORKOUT FOR SURE

Tell me what happens after this for sure
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1