1 Replies - 1434 Views - Last Post: 14 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

How to go about creating a mobile online multiplayer boardgame app?

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

I want to be clear in saying that I am not asking for free codes, as a noob, I'd like personal input from a variety of people on what tools they believe are best for such a creation, so I don't go learning the wrong skill set. I am not encountering any errors, I have searched google regarding my specific interest and didn't quite find what I'd like to. I'd just like a point in the right direction if that's ok.

As I'm not even sure what determines whether 1 language or software is superior for creating this specific kind of game with online play support, I'm asking for your input. I'd prefer to start with android.

This is simply a goal I've chosen to help motivate and interest me in my learning. I figure I'll build as I learn. Forgive me if I screwed up another thread. :S

Thanks for your input!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: How to go about creating a mobile online multiplayer boardgame app?

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: How to go about creating a mobile online multiplayer boardgame app?

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

This is a pretty broad topic.

Start as you would any other project. Figure which platform you want to go with first. Look into said platform's needs for licensing/dev fees as well as store upload constraints. Typically the pla tform sites have a clear 'how do I start' section of basic tools and needs. Get them.

Then plot out your project. Input, output, user interactions, project components like graphics, sound, scoring, etc. Determine what is required to launch versus what is gold plating.

Start the development process.

Though when you start previous posts with "I don't know anything about coding," and you are asking to tackle some sort of MMO app I would caution and say you are starting too large. Learn more foundation before you decide to erect some high pylon on unsure footing.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1