5 Replies - 980 Views - Last Post: 30 June 2014 - 09:23 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Im really really stuck/Hotetlbooking system c#

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

So i would say im a pretty novice programmer and have been tasked to produce a hotel booking system that is competly made out of c#,no databases, it's ment to deal with the checking in/Checking out,car parking allocation and the dealing of bills of the hotel and it is also ment to save all the data onto a text file so it can be retained when the program reopens

for the past two weeks ive been struggling to get past the checking in/room allocation part of the program which involves allocating a customers (partyname) name to rooms, and the ammount of rooms they are given depends on how many customers come at any one time (Partynumber).

ive created a gui of what i think the program should look like but every idea i get to solve checking in/room allocation part of the program i hit a brick wall.

and so i succumb to asking the internet for help,if anyone can give me advice or some building block clues that would help it would be much appricaited, i know deep inside there is proberly a very simple block of code that will solve this problem so i apoligise in advance to anyone who pity's me enough to help, thanks for reading all of this too

yours sincerely - the just turned novice programmer

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Im really really stuck/Hotetlbooking system c#

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Im really really stuck/Hotetlbooking system c#

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

for the past two weeks ive been struggling to get past the checking in/room allocation part of the program which involves allocating a customers (partyname) name to rooms, and the ammount of rooms they are given depends on how many customers come at any one time (Partynumber).

Explain what isn't working, what the struggle is, and so on.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:54 PM

So i would say im a pretty novice programmer and have been tasked to produce a hotel booking system that is completely made out of c#,no databases,

So school homework/assignment since this would never happen in the real world.

You're going to need classes for things like:
  • Customer
  • Room
  • Reservation
  • and so on.

Have you at least built the basic classes one would assume they need for a hotel system? If not, work the Classes & Objects tutorial linked in my signature block for a place to start.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 30 June 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Explain what isn't working, what the struggle is, and so on.

Thanks for the reply, at the momment ive created a gui that has a few text boxes, buttons and 1 listveiw . within thelistview are columns reading "rooms,occupancy,Date checked in, and vehicle combonation(how many cars/minibuses/ couches they came in with for the parking" and when the program opens i wanted to write in the text file so the occupancy/subitem part of that listview would either have partynames or the word "empty" within it, and then i was hopeing that when i select an item within this listview i would be able to edit it as they they would apear within the corressponing textboxes.

the main problem im having is finding a way oflisting the individual rooms outside of the listview so the user can select which rooms the customers needs so when the checkin button is pressed the Partynames would apear next to the individual rooms the user has selected within the occupancy column
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:17 PM

View Postcjl123, on 30 June 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

within thelistview are columns reading "rooms,occupancy,Date checked in, and vehicle combonation(how many cars/minibuses/ couches they came in with for the parking"

LOL! This motorized couch?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Z27aP-hz4
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

View Postcjl123, on 30 June 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

i was hopeing that when i select an item within this listview i would be able to edit it as they they would apear within the corressponing textboxes.

the main problem im having is finding a way oflisting the individual rooms outside of the listview

Huh? First you wanted the rooms in the list view so that the user could select and edit within the listview, but in the next paragraph you say that you don't want the rooms list in the list view. I think you need to step back and really think hard about your design.

Anyway, tlhIn`toq's advice is very relevant. As long as you have your underlying data model, you can always present that data, or parts of that data in different kinds of views.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1