2 Replies - 1961 Views - Last Post: 29 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

• Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

• View blog

Business process improvement interview

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

So i'm going for a new job in a few weeks, the position is a Business Process Improvement "Engineer"( i use the term lightly as it's for a local government, so while the role will definitely be technical, i'm not so sure i'd class it as engineer level). And i was wondering if anyone here has been/ is in a similar role and what sort of questions someone should prepare for in an interview for it?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Business process improvement interview

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Business process improvement interview

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:14 AM

Oooooh! Given that title would advocate having a thickskin and prepare to be hated. If it is what I am thinking you'll flitter around, examining people's day to day activities and interactions, and figuring out where to optimize, change, or cut off dead weight. You'll end up disrupting folks' jobs (who may have been doing X process for a long time and have an innate foundation on why it is done that like that versus doing it like this where - by the numbers - may be "better").. up end things.. bring change to the work force.. and probably be seen as a stooge of some, more evil, higher up.

Sure sure.. you may speed things up, and unkink a few backed up hoses, but with people being people you maybe on the receiving end of some ruffled feathers.

Posted Image

(Of course this may be all speculation since I didn't see the full on job description so your mileage may vary. )
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lord of Schwing
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Business process improvement interview

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

No no, that pretty much sums it up and i fully expect it but fortunately i've had a bit of experience at being the target of some rather pissed off folks, having been a sysadmin in a prior life, at the same place, for a rather shit edrms that had a tendency to lose network connection (and peoples work) and not throw an error when it did

I'm hitting it from the other end tho, creating synergy's and opportunity for streamlining and capturing efficiency...kinda hate myself just typing those things. But the pays better and it comes with a team to manage which would be awesome experience

This post has been edited by Damage: 29 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1