13 Replies - 18965 Views - Last Post: 09 December 2008 - 02:51 AM Rate Topic: -----

Replies To: Making my vb6.0 project as installation file

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Making my vb6.0 project as installation file

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

hi, i have done a project in vb 6.0 and i connected ms access with my vb project. I completed my software. Now i want to make this as a setup file.I don't know how to do this. So,please help me. Thanks

For information, my project contains nearly 8 forms and 26-30 datareports. Help as soon as possible. Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:38 PM

View Postmurali_1311, on 14 Oct, 2007 - 06:14 PM, said:

hi, i have done a project in vb 6.0 and i connected ms access with my vb project. I completed my software. Now i want to make this as a setup file.I don't know how to do this. So,please help me. Thanks

For information, my project contains nearly 8 forms and 26-30 datareports. Help as soon as possible. Thanks

you can download Microsoft Visual Studio Installer.

You can find it in Google. not so big, only about 18-20 Mb
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

Hm, I would try to help, but I know so little about VB6 that I'm afraid I'll give entirely wrong information. On that note, this is in the wrong forum, it should be in Visual Basic. Don't double post it over there, one of the mods will have to move this when they get a chance. Just for future reference.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• dream.in.assembly.code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:49 PM

Since you are using VB6.0, you can use the setup and deployment wizard (I think that's what its called. But Im sure its there). If Im right, you should find it in Tools>Add-Ins. Its much more flexible than .NET's ClickOnce. It should serve your purpose.
Hope this helps :)!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:47 PM

View PostLouisda16th, on 14 Oct, 2007 - 10:49 PM, said:

Since you are using VB6.0, you can use the setup and deployment wizard (I think that's what its called. But Im sure its there). If Im right, you should find it in Tools>Add-Ins. Its much more flexible than .NET's ClickOnce. It should serve your purpose.
Hope this helps :)!

Thank you very much, Louisda16th. I got it. Thanks a lot.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• dream.in.assembly.code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:37 PM

You're Welcome :).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

View Postxkermit, on 14 Oct, 2007 - 08:38 PM, said:

You can to it with package and diployment wizard.I don't think it is very hard.just try is it will surely work
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• dream.in.assembly.code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:42 AM

That's the tool that was pointed to in post #4. I just got the name wrong sorry :).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

View Posthereisanswer2007, on 16 Oct, 2007 - 01:33 AM, said:

You can to it with package and diployment wizard.I don't think it is very hard.just try is it will surely work

sorry. That tool is easy to use. But my database is not included while i make my project as installation package. Can you solve this problem

My database is MSAccess. Thanks in advance
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:58 AM

View Postmurali_1311, on 16 Oct, 2007 - 06:18 PM, said:

sorry. That tool is easy to use. But my database is not included while i make my project as installation package. Can you solve this problem

As you go thru the deployment wizard, there is a place to add additional files....I've done this many times. Check it out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

View Postbrightmessenger, on 17 Oct, 2007 - 06:58 AM, said:

As you go thru the deployment wizard, there is a place to add additional files....I've done this many times. Check it out.

i tried that. I will explain my problem clearly.
My database is presented in mydocuments. So i used that path(c:\mydocuments\database) to connect the database to my vb project. After making my project as a setup file, I installed it in my system and it works perfectly. But when i installed it on another system, It says that "can't able to find my database". This is the problem i am facing now. Please help[ me. Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:03 AM

View Postmurali_1311, on 17 Oct, 2007 - 07:35 PM, said:

My database is presented in mydocuments. So i used that path(c:\mydocuments\database) to connect the database to my vb project. After making my project as a setup file, I installed it in my system and it works perfectly. But when i installed it on another system, It says that "can't able to find my database". This is the problem i am facing now. Please help[ me. Thanks

It seems that when your package is installed, the database (and maybe other files you've included) are not being installed in the location you need them. Look at the .lst file in your install package. It is an ascii text file and can be viewed with Notepad. You will see a list of all files that will be installed...first see if your database is actually included...then check the location where it is being installed.
Good luck.
Was This Post Helpful? 1

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:23 PM

View Postbrightmessenger, on 18 Oct, 2007 - 05:03 AM, said:

It seems that when your package is installed, the database (and maybe other files you've included) are not being installed in the location you need them. Look at the .lst file in your install package. It is an ascii text file and can be viewed with Notepad. You will see a list of all files that will be installed...first see if your database is actually included...then check the location where it is being installed.
Good luck.

yeah, thanks. i understood it
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 December 2008 - 02:51 AM

View Postbrightmessenger, on 18 Oct, 2007 - 04:03 AM, said:

Good luck.

I ever met this issue before. That's because I made a mistake in database path.

Rather than make this kind of path (c:\mydocuments\database) why don't you try this kind of path (\database\[database file])

I believe it's called relative path (maybe).

And don't forget to import your database into your vb project and place it wherever you like and connect to your database with relative path (similar just like my example).

I hope it will help.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1