3 Replies - 1093 Views - Last Post: 25 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Laptop Wireless Connection Issues

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:18 AM

My current laptop is an MSI-CX61 2PC499 - US. Since the first day I've used it, I would periodically lose my internet connection just as the status of the network suddenly jumps to full bars. I also had trouble playing online games like BF4. I would connect to a game and suddenly lag out after about a minute or two. Updating the driver to the latest version has helped, I can now play BF4 consistently. However, though it is more rare, the connection issue occurs, mostly when I am in my house. Could the adapter itself need replacement?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Laptop Wireless Connection Issues

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Laptop Wireless Connection Issues

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:25 AM

sure it isnt your router
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

I don't know...may be. I have U-verse and the TV service has occasionally been doing some shady things lately... Not sure how much they charge to get it replaced, but I will consider that. thanks :tup:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

If it's a wireless issue, you can try changing the broadcast channel on your router.

Also, keep in mind that internet is not the same as wireless. Your connection to the router is on a subnet & that connection is different than the connection between the modem & the internet. If you are losing internet access you should still be able to ping the router on the internal address.

Verify where the issue is. If you are losing tv & internet but can still ping the router, then the issue is with AT&T & has nothing to do with 'wireless'.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1