6 Replies - 1200 Views - Last Post: 28 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Anyone work for Robert Half Technology?

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hello all,

Anyone ever heard about or worked for Robert Half Technology? Company looks promising. Although some reviews have said otherwise. I've seen the list of positions they have and many are in the area of software development which is my career path. So again has anyone worked for or is currently working for Robert Half Technology? What's the best way to go about getting my foot in the door? I've already made a profile and applied but haven't heard anything back. It has been less than a week but from what I was reading in the listings they were looking for people immediately. I already called HR but met the voicemail. I'm in Richmond, VA if that matters.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Anyone work for Robert Half Technology?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Anyone work for Robert Half Technology?

Posted 27 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Glassdoor the query!
http://www.glassdoor...ews-E570904.htm
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 27 October 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Yeah I saw that. Thought I'd get some feedback from some DIC members. I find DIC members more reliable than those GlassDoor reviews. Those reviews are mostly about how the atmosphere is like and how the interviews are which is what I asked. Still would like to know how to get noticed by HR to get an interview there at least. I know HR has to go through 100s of applications but I feel that I at least qualify for the interview.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

My experience with Glassdoor is that at least 50% of the applications submitted through them don't make it through to the actual company doing the hiring. It seems they crawl other sites for the jobs then pass through the application and if anything goes wrong you don't know. I got this directly from "R & L Carriers" whom are hiring but do not use Glassdoor. They told me that I wasn't the first person they heard of as applying for a job with them via Glassdoor but they didn't receive the application. I got much better response by reading their listing, then tracking down the actual company web site and finding their "Careers" page to apply directly.

I have 10+ years in the industry and 3 different applications to Robert Half Tech have gone without reply. Not so much as a "Thanks, but no thanks" letter. I don't care for that type of behavior.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

My experience with Robert Half in the mid 2000's in Ohio (Cleveland & Akron) was a complete waste of my time & I even walked out of an interview that they setup as the company interviewing me was hung up on details (I didn't meet numbers) that were available on my resume. We shouldn't have even been in the same room as it was never hidden that I was 10% of what they were looking for.

In Baltimore (very recent) they have proven to be much better.

Though I have never worked for them, & never been placed by them. Unless the job is spot on something that I am looking for, I would tend to avoid the company.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Nero

• View blog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

It all comes down to the headhunter you talk to, in the end.

I've worked with RHT in Cincinnati several times. The problem you may run in to is client protection and headhunter ownership. If you already work for one of their clients, they won't do anything to help you. At all. I asked them to find me a job in Seattle while I was working for a client of theirs in Cincinnati - but since I was already with one of their clients they wouldn't look for anything.

And the headhunters won't pass your information around. If they can't find anything for you, you're basically screwed - at least in the same branch. Your best bet in that regard is to contact multiple headhunters and let them fight over you.

That said, I've done both Contract to Hire and short term contract work through them. Once they have you placed, they're on your side (though they'll try to pay you as little as possible, like any staffing agency).

Cons:
No benefits
No guarantee of hours (outside of contract)
Staff is not cooperative with eachother - your opportunities are limited to what the agent you're working with is willing to pitch you to.
Staffing agency salary

Pros:
weekly pay
Parking per diem if working downtown
Contracts negotiated in your favor
They genuinely do seem interested in making sure contractors are treated well and contracts are obeyed

I worked with 3 different agents (1 dev, 2 tech) in Cincinnati after I was layed off last year and was able to keep short term contracts enough to keep my bills down. I did everything from overseeing a Windows 7 automated rollout to consulting as a Drupal expert. Those are cool because they pay a set amount regardless of time spent. I got $600 for the Windows 7 rollout, took on overnight and I just played games on my laptop for 10 hours on a Saturday night and then verified everything had completely successfully. Went off without a hitch, but I would have been fixing things if something had busted in the deployed image. Anyway, that's beside the point - between the 3 of em they did a pretty solid job of keeping me in work.

They're reputable enough, imo. They're a big corporate headhunter, so you get the best and worst of what that means.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:20 AM

It all comes down to the headhunter you talk to, in the end.

This...

I have had dealings with them on a few occasions. Some account managers are good, others are far from it. I have been setup on a few interviews by them, two that I had interest in. It doesn't hurt to see what happens, but I would be wanting direct hire. They do charge a butt load for their services though and a lot of companies are put off by that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1