2 Replies - 1783 Views - Last Post: 06 July 2010 - 02:11 AM

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Spambot Tarpit

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:03 AM

Description: Just up it to your server, and make a link to it form your website. The link should be hidden from regular visitors, maybe only visible in source or 1x1 pixel image.This will generated fake email addresses which can be used to corrupt an email harvesters database. It also includes a looplink, which SHOULD(depends of the server config) bring it back to the same script.
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# Possible use: Fake addresses would render an email harvesters database useless
# Author: kuratkull [[AT]] kuratkull.com
# Created Jan 11, 2007 ::: extreme modification for DIC - May 2, 2007

use warnings;
print "Content-type: text/htmlnn";

#number of emails to generate
my $count = 0;

#the HTML code + blocks good robots from getting into an infinite loop
print "<html>n";
print "Listn";
print "

"; print "These addresses are BOGUS!"; print "

n"; # start counting while ($count <= $ARGV[0]) { # data to generate the different parts of a fake email addy # the ran_key sub is just generating random length strings made out of lower capital letters my $random_name = ran_key(rand(9)+4); my $random_domain = ran_key(rand(9)+4); my $random_fix = rand(9); my @fix = (".com",".net",".org",".ch",".jp",".us",".ru",".co.uk",".edu",".eu"); # print the emails with "mailto:" and make them "link like" print ''; print $random_name, '@', $random_domain; print $fix[$random_fix]; print ""; print "
"; $count ++; } #the link that directs to ...script.pl/randomstring.html, which should display the same script, may depend on server settings print "Some more food"; print "
"; #the workinghorse behind the script which generates the rando strings sub ran_key { my $return; for ( 1 .. $_[0] ) { $return .= chr( 97 + rand 25 ) } return $return; }

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Spambot Tarpit

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Spambot Tarpit

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:57 AM

I was just looking to post an email harvester script, and found this one. First I'd like to say your intentions are much better than mine :D but to me, it would seem that with this code, your server would work overtime while my harvester wouldn't be able to load the page. At least in my bot, this would trigger a timeout after 5 seconds, making it move on to another link. Of course, I'm not 100% sure, but if you have this code on a website, I'd like to try it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Spambot Tarpit

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:11 AM

Sorry mate, i wrote this over 3 years ago. I provide no support since I haven't used Perl since then :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1