6 Replies - 576 Views - Last Post: 11 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Introducing myself

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:29 PM

Hello all, :detective:

I'd like to start by introducing myself, My name is John and I'm from Australia.

I Love Programming From the Very bottom of my heart, although im not a professional yet. i do work on software most of the time and im working to release a large E-Commerce website for my business in some time also, so that is a great experience for me.

I wanted to join a community of similar people in similar industry to keep me in the right place of work, leisure and support. and I am willing to do the same 100%.

In conclusion, i will be available to help as much Human Beings as Possible during my time here and i will be asking for some help also. so if you see me solving Complex codes, doesn't mean you wont find me asking how to setup a table in HTML :P . Anything is possible! were just humans.

Thank you all for reading and hopefully i can get the opportunity to speak to all of you throughout the time.

:)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Introducing myself

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Introducing myself

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

Welcome to DIC. Are you more a .NET developer or more Linux based?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:07 PM

View Postastonecipher, on 04 January 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Welcome to DIC. Are you more a .NET developer or more Linux based?

Hi Astonecipher,

Mostly .NET, Yes. And yourself?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:26 PM

Welcome John, thanks for joining. I have an easy solution - don't use HTML tables! :) Haha I kid. You know what I mean.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

I'm a little bit of everything. Currently I am a Linux web and systems dev, but side projects run the gamut between C#, PHP, and some bash when I have a need.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

View Postericawebdev, on 11 January 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

Welcome John, thanks for joining. I have an easy solution - don't use HTML tables! :)/> Haha I kid. You know what I mean.

Thanks buddy :), haha yeah i understand!

View Postastonecipher, on 11 January 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

I'm a little bit of everything. Currently I am a Linux web and systems dev, but side projects run the gamut between C#, PHP, and some bash when I have a need.

Thats cool man, I've been working on an E-Commerce website. That i started not too long ago, im up to all the designing and front-end, as im doing that myself. I spoke to a 25 year programmer that i know and he said use html, css, JS, Jquary for the front end, and for the back-end he said use PHP and java. is that a good idea? also they said ""cake and codegntr are platforms that you want to use"" what do you think?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

Depending on the scale of the store, I recommend Magento CE for most e-commerce stores. PM me for the details, I have talked a couple members through on here. It is far easier and better supported than a scratch solution when you don;t know how to implement everything needed.

For him to say to use PHP AND Java, I wonder if he understood the question. PHP is a dependable server-side language and has far different requirements for the server than Java does. So it would be an either or, not a both. As for the front-end, any modern, interactive site is going to use them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1