2 Replies - 457 Views - Last Post: 10 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Want to learn how to design my own form

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:39 AM

I have not been writing script for long and honestly I don't think I know that much. What I know I learned through the help of some good people on the acrobat forums and I have created a pretty comprehensive form in Adobe Acrobat. Unfortunately Acrobat is annoyingly slow. I am trying Foxit but there is some script that doesn't work the way it is supposed to like it does in Acrobat.
I would also like to create a form that doesn't need to have a certain PDF program to run quicker or to run correctly so that others can use it despite whatever PDF reader they want. So my search has led me to these forums.

I would also like to know how to convert the parts of my code that is exclusive to PDF forms (specifically "this.getField") so I can use it in whatever form or webpage (or what ever might work) without the need for a PDF program. In this form I have hundreds of fields that perform various calculations amongst other things. I have a dozen or so Document level Javascripts that contain references for many of the fields in the PDF and a field (text box) that has a lot of script in it and is what primarily runs the calculations on the sheet. I can post the whole form here if someone wants to see exactly what I mean in that Acrobat is slow or just to check out and see if it is possible to convert it to a PDF free form/program.

Bruce

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 10 February 2015 - 04:55 AM
Reason for edit:: Removed "Somewhat new" from title, it doesn't belong as part of a title

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Want to learn how to design my own form

• blow up my boots
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Want to learn how to design my own form

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

Your question isn't entirely clear to me. Do you want a form that you send to people, that they then complete and send back? Or do you want an online form? That is, so that people would visit a web page, complete the form and press a submit button? These two approaches are significantly different.

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 10 February 2015 - 05:47 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Want to learn how to design my own form

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

I apologize for the confusion. This form will not come back to me. It is intended for others to download and use as they will in its parameters of course. This sheet is a character generator for a RPG called HARP. There doesn't need to be submit button or anything of the like. This sheet is for others to use to generate characters for the game.

Bruce

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 10 February 2015 - 04:37 PM
Reason for edit:: Removed previous quote, just press REPLY

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1