1 Replies - 702 Views - Last Post: 16 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Where to start, if i wanna be android and desktop software developer?

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new to programming world, and in this forum too. I've just completed my high school, and I didnt have any programming knowledge. But I am really keen to be a good software developer. I usually go to library and start preparing myself, and after few days of preparation,I get confused wheather, what I am lerning is the right way and wheather, the future IT company would hire me or not?

I am intrested in android application development, and wanna have ground knowledge of it, so that I can do anything i want with android. And other, windows softwares as well as web applications.
So, please I would appreciate if anyone could guide me in right track. I dont know which language should I start learning now, and resources I need to be solid software programmer like you. I want all of you to be connected with me, and go together in the journey of coding.
Now, I have started reading, "Java programming for android developers for Dummies" by Barry Burd. I want you to suggest me further good books, that would help me to understand coding from the begining.

Thank You

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Where to start, if i wanna be android and desktop software developer?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Where to start, if i wanna be android and desktop software developer?

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

I am intrested in android application development, and wanna have ground knowledge of it, so that I can do anything i want with android.

Great! Wonderful! Have you been to the android site? Poked at the 'getting starting' bits? If not then I suggest you do.
https://developer.an....com/index.html
https://developer.an.../sdk/index.html

windows softwares as well as web applications.

That's a broad area. I mean you just said you want to learn "mobile, desktop, and web".. at worst you are missing the 'Internet of Things'. ;)

I want all of you to be connected with me, and go together in the journey of coding.

Preferably I would like to help you when you need help, but direct you to learn self sufficiency.

I would also suggest looking at the mobile sub forum.. check out the "where do I start".. and the pinned threads. It shouldn't be a shock that this is a crazy repetitive topic.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1