3 Replies - 409 Views - Last Post: 30 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help with Agile Devlopment Approach

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:54 AM

Hi, my name is Rashid and I am currently a 22 year old Programmer with 2 years of experience in creating web applications and websites. I would very much like to learn about the fundementals of Agile Devlopment from all you Software Engineers/Developers out there.

I have an interview soon to beome a Software Engineer and the main skills they require are passionate individuals who bring with them expereince with an agile approach. Which I don't have. So as I am fascianated by just this concept itself, I currently seek someone who will do pair programming with me only for about an hour (only applies to people who love to help and use it on a regular basis). And secondly, if you are a Software Engineer/Developer, or just generally, if you have any expereince in Agile approach, just talk about what you know to me and thats all.

I so far understand that the agile approach includes:

. Iterative - work for a while, start over. loop over, very unlike waterfall.
. Streamlined - research doing new things. quick meetings. short meetings.
. Timeboxing - FIXED time. Time over Feature. Rigid on time.

I have experience coding and making some bautiful applications, but I lack agile approaches and understand that to become a Software Engineer, there is a lot more to learn, time also plays its role and practise makes perfect. Hence why I deperatly look out for somone to do it with me. Your help would be very beneficial even if I didnt pass.

Therefore, I have decided to create a blog with Ruby and set a deadline to April Fools(I know right, isn't it soo damn common but I couldnt really think of anythign else, yeah I know I need to change this approach If I want to be a good programmer and play with more exiting applications) and so I ask anyone who holds Ruby or any other programming language skill to either contribute to this blog application I have open sourced on www.github.com (you may ask me if interested), or invite me to an open source application that your working on, so that I can gain any experience within software development/engineering, or agile development for this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Thank You.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help with Agile Devlopment Approach

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help with Agile Devlopment Approach

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

So.. is this a post like you are looking to collaborate with someone or hire someone?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 30 March 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

So.. is this a post like you are looking to collaborate with someone or hire someone?

looking to collaborate with someone
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:04 AM

Your thread has been moved to our Volunteer Jobs and Collaborative Teambuilding forum. Please remember that threads seeking volunteer help, a group to learn together, or a group to work on a hobbyist project do not belong in the general help forums or our paid jobs forum.
The paid jobs forum is strictly for jobs for which you intend to pay some definite sum in a negotiable currency. Shares in future profits, in-game currencies, and promises of possible employment do not qualify.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1