2 Replies - 664 Views - Last Post: 06 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Professional Programmers Survey for Research Project

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

Hello people of Dream.In.Code!

I am here to ask a favor of the members of this community. I am a senior in high school who is interested in programming as a future profession. As a senior, I am required to preform a research project to do with my future career to learn more information about it. A part of the project is to conduct a survey of individuals in the field. Thus, if you are a professional programmer who would like to participate, please fill out the survey linked here. Most of the questions are short and the survey should not take very long.

Thank you for your feedback.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Professional Programmers Survey for Research Project

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Professional Programmers Survey for Research Project

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:41 AM

Just a little feedback on the actual questions - the one about which languages are essential to learn for beginners has something I wouldn't recommend to anybody who doesn't need very specific tools: LaTex, but lacks things others might consider helpful to beginners.

Additionally, C and C++ should be very separate in that question, because as learning goes they do very different things.

You might consider Lisp (or scheme) and assembly for things beginners might want to be aware of.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Professional Programmers Survey for Research Project

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:53 AM

Thank you for the feedback!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1