2 Replies - 1664 Views - Last Post: 14 April 2015 - 04:37 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Which language is best to create website with airbnb functionalities?

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:14 AM

Hello,

Im just starting out with web development. I have an idea that I would like to work on, but would like some advice about which programming language I should focus on now in the beginning. So far Ive started out learning Ruby and I like that so far. And also just started on mySQL for databases.

My idea is very similar to airbnb, but then focusing on a different area of service/interest. The functionalities that are on the airbnb website are the same as I need/want for my website.

Any thoughts on where I should focus my programming learning in the beginning to get to where I want?

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Which language is best to create website with airbnb functionalities?

• 痛覚残留
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Which language is best to create website with airbnb functionalities?

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:31 AM

View Postnevrborn, on 14 April 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

Any thoughts on where I should focus my programming learning in the beginning to get to where I want?

basics, basics, and basics.

start with really small projects/snippets that you can comprehend the complexity of, otherwise you get frustrated very soon because it doesnt get as forward as you might wish.

PS. creating a complete website (with login, database, booking, payments, etc.) from scratch takes months, even for a professional developer.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• I think you'll find it's "Dr"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Which language is best to create website with airbnb functionalities?

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:37 AM

You might as well stick with Ruby. Once you've learnt the basics and feel comfortable (definitely as the post above suggests), Ruby has a framework for creating web applications called Rails.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1