2 Replies - 4886 Views - Last Post: 01 November 2015 - 02:51 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

System.Web.Mvc Version Warning Issue

Posted 07 May 2015 - 03:54 AM

I'm building a project using ASP MVC. The project builds just fine, but throws this warning twice in the output:

Assuming assembly reference 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' matches 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35', you may need to supply runtime policy

The project will run OK and these warnings don't prevent the build from completing, but I've been trying to figure this out for two days now with no success.

I've scoured over the Web.config file and made sure there are no references to MVC version 4.0.0.0, I've updated MVC through NuGet, using both the gallery and the console. I've put in the redirect:

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />
        <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.0.1" newVersion="4.0.0.1" />
      </dependentAssembly>

I've searched the whole project for any reference to version 4.0.0.0 and I simply cannot find any.

I've checked the dll versions in the reference paths and folders are correct. They are.

I simply cannot find any reason why I would be getting this warning once, let alone TWICE!

Any ideas?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: System.Web.Mvc Version Warning Issue

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: System.Web.Mvc Version Warning Issue

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:28 AM

For anyone else reading this thread who also has this issue, I have still yet to find a solution. It doesn't seem to have any impact on the project at run time so far so I will have to let it go for now until I can pin down a cause.

If I encounter any run time issues as a result I will follow up here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: System.Web.Mvc Version Warning Issue

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:51 AM

I encountered the same problem with a WebAPI service I'm writing. The only way I got around it was by updating nearly all of the NuGet packages in my project. When I rebuilt and redeployed everything worked again. I still don't know which package caused the issue since I was too impatient to try them one at a time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1