1 Replies - 284 Views - Last Post: 07 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

new to the forum

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:36 AM

Hello everyone!!!

I'm new to this forum so here's a little presentation.

I have been programming for about 6 or 7 years. The first few years I have learn by myself. I mostly did Ojective-C, I made a couple of iPhone apps, but they weren't very popular... In 2010, I started my degree in programming (I don't really know the correct term in english, I'm french canadian). Since 2010, I've learn different language like VB.Net, C++, C#, Java, Html, CSS, a little bit of javascript.

I'm currently in my last year, actully, I'm graduating in a couple of days!!! Next stop is University and I'm probably going to do a concentration in cybersecurity.

I'm very happy to join this community. I hope I will learn from all of you and maybe help some of you!!!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: new to the forum

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: new to the forum

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

View PostSeverin, on 07 May 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

Hello everyone!!!

I'm new to this forum so here's a little presentation.

Hello Severin, welcome.

I have been programming for about 6 or 7 years. The first few years I have learn by myself. I mostly did Ojective-C, I made a couple of iPhone apps, but they weren't very popular... In 2010, I started my degree in programming (I don't really know the correct term in english, I'm french canadian). Since 2010, I've learn different language like VB.Net, C++, C#, Java, Html, CSS, a little bit of javascript.

I don't know the name of that thing either. :) You have learnt quite a lot. Back in my days as a student, I coded in Fortran, Pascal and C. I'm now self-teaching C++ and XML (I began learning XML yesterday). You know, I have a personal project which I aspire for it to become commercial, so I'm studying just what I need to make my goal a reality. C++ is to code the program and XML is for data storage. I'll maybe go for Lisp as scripting language. I found ECL quite interesting. It's something I'm still considering.

I'm currently in my last year, actully, I'm graduating in a couple of days!!! Next stop is University and I'm probably going to do a concentration in cybersecurity.

Choose something that you love to do. You'll have better chances of success thus. If you love cybersecurity, you have good chances of success in that area.

I'm very happy to join this community. I hope I will learn from all of you and maybe help some of you!!!

I see you know C++, so maybe you'll help me someday. However, I'm one who go to big extents to find solutions on my own. To this day, I haven't posted any code here to ask for help, not because I have not doing coding, but because I have solved the problems on my own. I think if I really sweat any piece of code, the lessons will hold tighter.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageEnjoy your stay!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1