5 Replies - 327 Views - Last Post: 14 June 2015 - 07:02 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hi there!

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:48 AM

I'm Jasmine, but you can call me Jazz (or Jabbo, heh)! I'm an artist; I like illustrating on paper and digitally. I'm trying to make a comic book right now! I've been a web designer for some time as well, just veering my interests elsewhere. I like graphic design, photography and photo manipulation. I also enjoy writing, and I have loads of fun playing characters! :bananaman:

I'm also eagerly trying to get into the video game industry with no professional experience! But I love trying to make things--concepts, characters, the simplest of programming--that will help me on my way. It's a tough road, and I have a veeeeery long way to go. I've been desperately searching to find places online or locally, to volunteer my services for game testing or something else.

So, while I'm here, I'll search around! I'm looking forward to meeting people here as well, and learning new things! Hopefully, I'll also be of help--I do like sharing info, despite being shy. :bigsmile:/>

Hope you have a great day! See you soon!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hi there!

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hi there!

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

Welcome! Do you have a deviant art page, or showcase or your art?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

Welcome to D.I.C Jabbo. this is a great place to get help for programming!
i hope you have a good experience while you're here. and most importantly have fun! :bananaman:
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2015 - 12:30 PM

Hi! I have a tumblr that I put different stuff on: Funjunket tumblr There are a lot of other people's stuff I put up since it's so cool, but if you look through my tumblr archive and start at May 2015, you'll see some stuff I've actually done, myself. :D/>

I do have a DA account with fewer updates: Skego at DeviantArt But you definitely will see art there right away! Thanks for looking; I tend to do cartoony stuff, and sometimes I get that block. >_</> I'm just happy because I'm back into doing more creative stuff now!

Thank you, CoderNull, I'm gonna try mingling as much as possible! Should be a great experience!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImageJasmine

View PostJabbo, on 14 June 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

I'm Jasmine, but you can call me Jazz (or Jabbo, heh)!

Hello Jasmine. Welcome.

I've been a web designer for some time as well...

Am I right to assume you know HTML, CSS, and Javascript? What else do you know? Python? Ruby? C#?

I also enjoy writing, and I have loads of fun playing characters! :bananaman:

I tried to start writing fantasy, but both things are time consuming, so I decided to focus on programming.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageEnjoy your stay!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2015 - 07:02 PM

Hi, Betsemes! :D

Thank you for the greeting! Yes, I know HTML, CSS, some Javascript! It's been awhile, but I worked on PHP and MySQL, too. With Javascript, I've dabbled in a little JQuery. My problem is that my creativity got bland, so I'm seeing if I can at least look at more of the layout/graphics side. That's only recently that decided (with help) to go that route. It ain't easy! o_o

As far as what else...I started using the Unity game engine January of this year, but barely got through tutorials. I got through 2 and I used C# for the first time! I'm looking to get back to practicing some game design. I'd especially love to work on the concept art and 3D graphics side, but there's way too much to tackle at once! My work, therefore, seems to be sloooowly progressing. Heh!

As for writing, and time management, that's probably a good idea! I know first-hand that trying too many things (and using too many of the talents one has at once) doesn't seem to work for me. >_< Focusing on one thing is hardest, because I want to do everything!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1