5 Replies - 1082 Views - Last Post: 16 June 2015 - 02:38 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

visual basic web browser buttons/web navigation not working!

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

Well, in Visual Basic Express, I made a simple little web browser, it has a few features, a go button to search(not working) a Go To Google Button(Not working) a Back button(not working) a Forward button(not working) a refresh button(possibly not working) and yeah, the default homepage is Google, so when I boot it up, it says "Navigation to the webpage is cancled : Refresh the page?" or something and when i hit refresh, Google loads up, but I want that removed because its a major flaw. Anyway, when google does load up, none of the buttons(listed above) work. It worked fine until my Dad's IT company installed Anti-Virus on his computer, any help? In the meantime, cya!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: visual basic web browser buttons/web navigation not working!

#2 macosxnerd101   User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: visual basic web browser buttons/web navigation not working!

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

I'm not sure how you want us to help. There isn't enough information (code, a clear description of the problems/errors, etc.) for us to help.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

[quote name='dopeydink2' date='16 June 2015 - 01:37 PM' timestamp='1434487067' post='2161718']
Well, in Visual Basic Express, I made a simple little web browser, it has a few features, a go button to search(not working) a Go To Google Button(Not working) a Back button(not working) a Forward button(not working) a refresh button(possibly not working) and yeah, the default homepage is Google, so when I boot it up, it says "Navigation to the webpage is cancled : Refresh the page?" or something and when i hit refresh, Google loads up, but I want that removed because its a major flaw. Anyway, when google does load up, none of the buttons(listed above) work. There are no flaws in my code, as it worked fine a few weeks ago, and I did no modificaiton. It worked fine until my Dad's IT company installed Anti-Virus on his computer, any help? In the meantime, cya!
Notice the edits?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:01 PM

Notice the edits?

No.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Duke of Err
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

The webBrowser control basically uses Internet Explorer functionality. It sounds as if the antivirus software is blocking its use. You could ask your dad to check the antivirus software, you might be able to allow the program to run.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

View Post#define, on 16 June 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

The webBrowser control basically uses Internet Explorer functionality. It sounds as if the antivirus software is blocking its use. You could ask your dad to check the antivirus software, you might be able to allow the program to run.

Thanks, but my dad is not any genius with anti-virus, nor am I, might need to call IT.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1