1 Replies - 496 Views - Last Post: 30 June 2015 - 06:42 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Working as Java EE developer

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

Good day,

I'm interested in Java EE, creating web applications, to be more specific. I'm reading few books about servlets, and noticed that what they(servlets) usually do is get request from user, and send back the result, sometimes also update information in DB. What I want to ask, is that pretty much everything I, as a Java EE developer should do(get requests, update something, send responses)? Is all GUI for client application designers? And if yes, then should I also know how to create client applications as a Java EE developer to get a job, for example?

This post has been edited by novakasss: 30 June 2015 - 06:18 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Working as Java EE developer

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Working as Java EE developer

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:42 AM

"What do I need to know to get a job doing {xyz}?" comes up a lot. So it would serve you well to look back through the posts to see the other wonderful advice given.

Any advice we give in this thread today is probably out of date next month because technologies change so fast. What an employer needs today is not what they need tomorrow.

My advice is almost always the same and completely agnostic to coding language:
Go look at the job/career/hiring web sites like Monster, CareerBuilder, Glassdoor etc. Find the job(s) that you would most like to do. Now read the requirements and job descriptions. That should tell you what real-world employers want for the actual job that appeals to you.

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 30 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1