2 Replies - 764 Views - Last Post: 02 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Java EE, why web applications?

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

Greetings D.I.C !

I am self taught man, who is very passionate about Java. So far I learned only Java SE, and decided to move on to Java EE. I read about it on Google, and noticed one thing: it says, that Java EE is for creating web applications. Question would be: why they use term applications, if, for example Servlets, they create web pages(use JSP). Doesn't it mean that Java EE is about creating/generating web pages ? It would be nice if someone could explain this for me. :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Java EE, why web applications?

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java EE, why web applications?

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Java EE is really for enterprise grade applications. Think big corporations and teams of developers. Yes, there is a web browser interface component. But there is also a lot of back-end work as well.

If your goal is web development, there are better technologies- Python and Django, Ruby on Rails, and others. I'd stay away from Java EE for individual use, though. It tends to be bulky and cumbersome.

If you want to explore other areas of Java development, I'd suggest Android instead.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Java EE, why web applications?

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

View Postmacosxnerd101, on 02 July 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Java EE is really for enterprise grade applications. Think big corporations and teams of developers. Yes, there is a web browser interface component. But there is also a lot of back-end work as well.

If your goal is web development, there are better technologies- Python and Django, Ruby on Rails, and others. I'd stay away from Java EE for individual use, though. It tends to be bulky and cumbersome.

If you want to explore other areas of Java development, I'd suggest Android instead.

Actually main goal for me is to know how to make these applications and be able to work as a Java EE developer in a company or as a freelancer. You mentioned big corporations and teams of developers. In such a corporation, servlets, JSF and web services, are these technologies used in such a big things?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1