8 Replies - 666 Views - Last Post: 06 August 2015 - 12:21 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

I want to make an online authentication application

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:13 AM

Okay.. I have no idea on how to get started on this. I would like to make an online "database" with a login form made with vb. and twhen you press login it sends a rquest to my server. But how do i make this server etc ? Thanks :P
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I want to make an online authentication application

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I want to make an online authentication application

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

You can let the database and the form the users do do the job..
You dont really need a server. But i you really do for some reason you might want to let the users access the server or send information to it and then let the server do stuff with that information.

This post has been edited by RamonRobben: 06 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostRamonRobben, on 06 August 2015 - 08:16 AM, said:

You can let the database and the form the users do do the job..
You dont really need a server. But i you really do for some reason you might want to let the users access the server or send information to it and then let the server do stuff with that information.

Well, I want to actually make like a login form. That doesnt need to be updated evcerytime an user has been added to it. Like for an example Skype. They have a login form... you know what i mean? how do i make somehting liek this? thanks :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:35 AM

When i started to code in VB (about 4-5 years ago), when i wanted to create a big project (i mean bigger than my knowledge) , i was just trying to split it to more simple parts... For example what you say you want to create seems pretty simple for me now... the thing here is for you to understand the way you should think about... You didn't mentioned your skill level at vb.net or in which version you want to code it. so lets start with this :bigsmile:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:09 AM

View Postgiwrgosg_ger, on 06 August 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

When i started to code in VB (about 4-5 years ago), when i wanted to create a big project (i mean bigger than my knowledge) , i was just trying to split it to more simple parts... For example what you say you want to create seems pretty simple for me now... the thing here is for you to understand the way you should think about... You didn't mentioned your skill level at vb.net or in which version you want to code it. so lets start with this :bigsmile:/>

Thanks for the help. Im like a Beginner with experience. Like I understand the basics of vb and kjnow how to make for an example an login form with md5 hash encryption but i rly want to make an online server which you request login info from to authenticate the login if you understand what i mean. Im using visual studio 2013
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:40 AM

Let's back up and explain what this is logging into.

IS this something you are tacking onto an existing app? A log in to a website, or what is the app supposed to be preventing if you fail login?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 06 August 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

Let's back up and explain what this is logging into.

IS this something you are tacking onto an existing app? A log in to a website, or what is the app supposed to be preventing if you fail login?

Like.. I want to just make a login form that sends the rqquest to a server asking if the lg in details are true or false , false being wrong, true being right, and then if its true open a new form with the application :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:54 AM

Okay.. so this is a gateway for another form in your visual studios project, right? Okay.. There are a few ways to go about it. First is you can set up a web service, on the web host, that takes in data and and shoots back a response. There's a tutorial above that high lights taht.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostC0per, on 06 August 2015 - 11:09 AM, said:

View Postgiwrgosg_ger, on 06 August 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

When i started to code in VB (about 4-5 years ago), when i wanted to create a big project (i mean bigger than my knowledge) , i was just trying to split it to more simple parts... For example what you say you want to create seems pretty simple for me now... the thing here is for you to understand the way you should think about... You didn't mentioned your skill level at vb.net or in which version you want to code it. so lets start with this :bigsmile:/>/>

Thanks for the help. Im like a Beginner with experience. Like I understand the basics of vb and kjnow how to make for an example an login form with md5 hash encryption but i rly want to make an online server which you request login info from to authenticate the login if you understand what i mean. Im using visual studio 2013

ok then :yes:

we are going to build it step by step :)

we have 3 keywords here :)

login form,database, and md5 encryption :)

so we will start with the login form and then progress to others.

first of all you should create a simple form which simply checks tow textboxes (user and pass) and if user textbox is "admin" and password is "12345" , a message box will popup saying "Hello:" & the name of user.

So search about it and code what i said , then paste the code you wrote and we shall progress to the next step!

And do not forget to use code tags when you post your code :) !

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1