9 Replies - 681 Views - Last Post: 19 August 2015 - 11:07 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hey folks

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:53 AM

Hi there,

As my nickname will probably tell you, I am David. I come from the country of cheese and chocolate, aka Switzerland (bomb has been planted :rolleyes2:/>). I studied Computer Science in a vocational school (didn't know this word until now) where I mostly coded Java/PHP/JS stuff. I currently work in a small indie studio, mainly programming in C# for games and PHP for web apps/backends. Besides that, I am finishing my Bachelor degree in business administration.

Well, I guess that's all. Wait, nope. I don't know if it's worth saying but I love running, cooking and travelling. And anyway, I am there because I mainly want to learn more about software/solutions architecture and related religion stuff.

Byebye

David

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hey folks

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Hey folks

Posted 14 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

Swiss cheese and chocolate are awesome, unless you eat them at the same time I suppose. Welcome from a fellow "New D.I.C. Head."
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

I knew a guy who ate chocolate with mustard, ham and 2 slices of bread, so I guess someone here on Earth likes cheese and chocolate as well :-)

Anyway, thanks !
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2015 - 07:08 AM

Welcome man, nice to have you here. Switzerland huh? How is it over there? I'm an American myself, so I haven't been around much of the world except Mexico and other states. I do plan on traveling one day because there is a lot of cool stuff out there to see.

Nice, have you completed any games yet? I'm always interested to see what people code up. You like working in the indie studio? Is it pretty laid back?

Definitely worth mentioning! I too enjoy running, just ran almost three miles yesterday after work. I am very into staying in shape. That leads to my love of cooking good food, because you can't stay in shape eating McDonalds. Hahaha.

Where all have you traveled? Which places did you enjoy? Which were not so good? Maybe I could use some tips for the day when I do actually get out and travel :).

Welcome man, glad to have you here. I'm sure you will learn a lot from some of these guys, they are some very knowledgeable people, so don't be afraid to ask for help!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:05 AM

welcome!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImageDavid

View PostDavidDNA, on 14 August 2015 - 03:53 AM, said:

Hi there,

As my nickname will probably tell you, I am David.

Hello David. Welcome.

I come from the country of cheese and chocolate, aka Switzerland (bomb has been planted :rolleyes2:).

I'm from Puerto Rico, the land of ... May I say coffee? I hear Puerto Rican coffee was once the best of the world. I'm not sure now, but I read people in the USA saying Yaucono to be the best coffee they have tasted, and yet it's very common in Puerto Rico. Personally, I prefer Café Monte Riqueño or Café Mami.

I studied Computer Science in a vocational school (didn't know this word until now) where I mostly coded Java/PHP/JS stuff.

I studied Mathematics and Computer Science at University of Puerto Rico and graduated some 25 years ago. I'm restudying it all. You know, if we don't have jobs on what we studied, we may forget it. That happened to me.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageEnjoy your stay!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2015 - 01:11 AM

Hey, thank you all for the warm welcome !

ChrispyChris said:

Switzerland huh? How is it over there?

Hi ChrispyChris ! It's rainy and a bit cool today there, but we had a very nice summer so I won't complain :-)

ChrispyChris said:

Nice, have you completed any games yet? I'm always interested to see what people code up. You like working in the indie studio? Is it pretty laid back?

Yes, we have done a multiplayer music quiz for a Swiss local radio and we are about to release our own game this fall. I actually love to work in an indie studio apart from a financial aspect ;-)

ChrispyChris said:

Definitely worth mentioning! I too enjoy running, just ran almost three miles yesterday after work. I am very into staying in shape. That leads to my love of cooking good food, because you can't stay in shape eating McDonalds. Hahaha.

Where all have you traveled? Which places did you enjoy? Which were not so good? Maybe I could use some tips for the day when I do actually get out and travel :)/>/>.

Hehe great ! If you like good food then I would highly recommend Italy (Roma for example). I've been there a couple of times and it also has an amazing historical background, architecture, art, etc... but unfortunately loads of tourists also. I found Sctoland and Ireland to be great places if you like walking, nature and beer.

Betsemes said:

I'm from Puerto Rico, the land of ... May I say coffee? I hear Puerto Rican coffee was once the best of the world. I'm not sure now, but I read people in the USA saying Yaucono to be the best coffee they have tasted, and yet it's very common in Puerto Rico. Personally, I prefer Café Monte Riqueño or Café Mami.

Great, I've never been there but I can tell you that I love coffee and would definitely trade chocolate for coffee ;-)

Thanks again,

David
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

DavidDNA said:

Hi ChrispyChris ! It's rainy and a bit cool today there, but we had a very nice summer so I won't complain :-)

That's good to hear. I don't mind rain, but I'm from Oregon where we get a good bit of it haha. It's been a really nice and HOT summer for us too.

DavidDNA said:

Yes, we have done a multiplayer music quiz for a Swiss local radio and we are about to release our own game this fall. I actually love to work in an indie studio apart from a financial aspect ;-)

That's awesome, well keep us informed about the game you'll be releasing! I was interested about the money aspect with an indie studio, but didn't feel polite asking haha. That's cool though that you enjoy it. That's the most important thing in life.

DavidDNA said:

Hehe great ! If you like good food then I would highly recommend Italy (Roma for example). I've been there a couple of times and it also has an amazing historical background, architecture, art, etc... but unfortunately loads of tourists also. I found Sctoland and Ireland to be great places if you like walking, nature and beer.

I really want to go to Italy! I bet it's got a lot of tourists, but I suppose that would be alright. Wouldn't bother me too much I don't think, considering I would be one myself :whistling:.. Ha. I do love walking, nature, and beer, so Scotland and Ireland definitely sound interesting as well. I would LOVE to go to Ireland as I have a little bit in me. Would be kind of cool I think.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

View PostDavidDNA, on 14 August 2015 - 12:53 AM, said:

Hi there,

As my nickname will probably tell you, I am David. I come from the country of cheese and chocolate, aka Switzerland (bomb has been planted :rolleyes2:/>/>). I studied Computer Science in a vocational school (didn't know this word until now) where I mostly coded Java/PHP/JS stuff. I currently work in a small indie studio, mainly programming in C# for games and PHP for web apps/backends. Besides that, I am finishing my Bachelor degree in business administration.

Well, I guess that's all. Wait, nope. I don't know if it's worth saying but I love running, cooking and travelling. And anyway, I am there because I mainly want to learn more about software/solutions architecture and related religion stuff.

Byebye

David

Welcome!

You have a cool professional background with programming already, I'd be interesting in learning more about what you do :)

What makes you want to do business administration instead of advancing in a programming career?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:07 PM

@ChrispyChris Hehe great :D If you would like to speak more about holidays, food and indie dev, feel free to send a private message !

[quote='Chieve']
Welcome!

You have a cool professional background with programming already, I'd be interesting in learning more about what you do :)

What makes you want to do business administration instead of advancing in a programming career?
[/quote]

Thanks ! Well, imo, BA & IT work quite well together and I've always been interested in management and financing so I guess the main reason which made me shift was the opportunity to do a Bachelor degree while working.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1