1 Replies - 826 Views - Last Post: 12 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Start in Assembly

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

Hey people, how are you doing?

I have this university project that requires some ARM Assembly programming. The ARM part is okay, I mean, I already know the basic (instructions, conditionals, registers, direct values, etc...) but I just can find a material with the basic on how to program in Assembly.

My professor said the we MUST use ARMSIM to simulate our program, and therefore we need to program on notepad and save the file and .s. But the problem is that I do not know what to put in the beginning and in the end of my code to make it work. I know, it sounds stupid, but here's an example of what I'm saying:

Let's say the I needed to make a simple sum, adding the content of register R1 and register R2 and storing on register R0. I know that I should type: ADD R0, R1, R2. So let's consider that my whole program consist in this instruction, so what should I put before and after to make it work on ARMSIM ?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Start in Assembly

• a lovely bit of linq
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Start in Assembly

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

I don't use Assembly or ARMSIM but there is a simple example here:

Getting Started with ARMSim#

The User Guide has more detailed examples at the end.

As I say, I don't use either, so I'm sure you could find more examples. Essentially, you can step through your code and inspect registers to see changes; eventually, you can direct output to the console.

This post has been edited by andrewsw: 12 September 2015 - 12:25 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1