• (3 Pages)
  • +

40 Replies - 3495 Views - Last Post: 06 October 2015 - 02:49 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Dream in Code site acting buggy :(

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:35 PM

So I'm not sure if this issue is on my end of if some new code on DIC is causing my browser to crash. It seems to happen in all browsers, although I do primary use Firefox. I'm hardly even able to use the site now with it completely locking up my browser and freezing it. I've tried clearing my cache, reinstalling flash, and refreshing firefox and nothing seems to help. I'm a pretty new DIC member and was really enjoying the site. So if someone has any information I'd really like to find out if this is just me or something is happening on DIC end. And if it is me any suggestions to clear up the error.

This is what I get:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: https://fw.adsafepro...=606328193?:104

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dream in Code site acting buggy :(

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dream in Code site acting buggy :(

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:17 PM

I get that every once in a while as well, I think it is one of the cdn's utilized.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:20 AM

I'm on Win10, latest Firefox - haven't had a crash in months.

Maybe its one of the advertisements crashing the browser. Zerocool1 isn't DIC++ so he'd be getting the ads and I don't. Just a thought.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bouncy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:21 AM

I have found the site responsiveness poor over the last week+, and I'm frequently waiting for a page to load, and often end up with a blank page. I'm using Chrome (as always) with AdBlock.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:36 AM

I have had the blank page issue constantly on mobile. I just figured it was my phone...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Home Owner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:33 AM

I've recently started getting the page blank issue again as well. It isn't as bad as what it was the first time it was corrected, but it still happens from time to time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:30 AM

Ads is my hunch, I'm on win 10 as well. When I started using the site I had no issues at all. I had plenty of ads, which I get the site needs to monetize to support itself. However, I'm not 100% positive what the issue is and it definitely sounds like I'm not the only one. I tried to uninstall and reinstall firefox and still got the same thing. I'm going to try Chrome again and see if that helps. I know for sure I.E. has the same problem for me at least. I really want to love this site but it's becoming difficult if I can barely use it. As it took me about 5 minutes before I could get back to this thread with constant freezes and script errors.

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 13 September 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Maybe its one of the advertisements crashing the browser. Zerocool1 isn't DIC++ so he'd be getting the ads and I don't. Just a thought.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Here to help.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:36 AM

I was going to post this on the forum leaders forum and then saw this thread.

I'm having pretty significant problems in FireFox 40.0.3 for Linux Mint - 1.0 where scripts are freezing up the browser until it asks if I want to stop the script

Script: http://pixel.adsafeprotected.c…forum%2F76-programming-help%2F:104

(I'm not sure how to get the full script name, but that's a copy and paste of the error message I receive.)

I of course tell it to kill the script and then I can go on, but pretty much every new page I go to gives me the same thing which is annoying if nothing else, but otherwise I seem to be able to use the site as normal. The only problem is that it freezes for about 30 seconds every time I go to a new page and then asks me if I want to kill that adsafeprotect script and when I do it either freezes up and does the same thing a couple more times or goes back to normal.

It's more annoying than completely broken.

This post has been edited by BBeck: 13 September 2015 - 10:39 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

Glad I'm not the only one having issues but 30 seconds per page is not good. I'm hoping the website owners are looking into this issue and will have a fix soon.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

Well the site has always been buggy ever since I have been here and really hasn't changed much (since 2007). Skyhawk133, the owner, has been working on getting a forum update going and has been testing a new site with the team. That too has stalled a bit from what I can tell, so I wouldn't expect too much in the way of fixes. What I would suggest is getting some kind of adblock and maybe also get DIC++ and see if you get the same problem. I am 90% sure that it is an ad which is causing your problem. Adblock and DIC++ will remove most of the ads that run on the site.

It won't fix it 100% (since the problem could also be 3rd party CDNs) but it may help you quite a bit with responsiveness.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

30 seconds per page???? WTF?! I'm on satellite internet with a max of 6Mbps, hardly the good cable broadband I used to have in the 30-50Mbps range - and I don't see 30 second page loads.

<doing a test on Firefox>

From clicking the link in my Outlook email for this thread, to the page being done (emoticons loaded and the spinny-loading icon stopping): 13 seconds.

I am DIC++ so no ads. (Just realized I don't even have AdBlockerPlus installed)
Options | Block pop-ups
Options | Tell sites I to NOT want to be tracked
I do sync all the bookmarks, preferences etc. between computers

So hardly even a customized install of Firefox.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 xclite   User is online

• I wrote you an code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

Worth mentioning that even 13 seconds per page is pretty unacceptable. I haven't witnessed this behavior, but I've used an adblocker on this site ever since the intrusive ads and the hacked ads were being served. Just not worth the risk.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

Well that's kinda my point - Even being out in 'horse country' where I have to be on satellite internet, with no 3rd party plug-ins for speeding things up or limiting things such as ads, I'm still LESS THAN HALF of the 30 seconds ZeroCool1 is reporting.

I will say I notice that my pages open, are whitespace for 11 seconds, then in 2 fast seconds the entire page paints. Its not the typical painting behavior where some stuff comes in, paints, more comes in, page repaints, etc. Its URL - pause - DONE ENTIRELY.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:43 PM

How is DIC++ ? I wish the site worked better under the ad model but I realize I do enjoy the sites content and community so I'm willing to consider it since it's pretty cheap.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 macosxnerd101   User is online

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:48 PM

I've made the webmaster aware of the issues expressed in this thread. Thank you for reporting them, and we apologize for the issues.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (3 Pages)
  • +