3 Replies - 504 Views - Last Post: 14 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Should I go for this job as a HTML developer

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:59 AM

I am Computer Science fresher. I want to make career in software development or web development. I want to work on multiple technologies rather than one, at least in future if not now. But as of now, I have received a job offer as a HTML developer. It includes developing only static web pages that too with only HTML no CSS, Javascript, etc. This the main concern for me ONLY HTML.

So if I join this job, then will the experience as only HTML developer be helpful for further software development or web development jobs (I mean working on stack of technologies rather than a single technology)? Do such job will create hurdle to apply any further jobs including multiple technologies? Should I pick up the job?

Please do suggest.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Should I go for this job as a HTML developer

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Should I go for this job as a HTML developer

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Mmmm... there seems to be an outbreak of "MakeMyLifeChoicesForMe-itus" going around. *sigh* Pull on the big boy pants and make a positive action that _you'll_ own as affecting _your_ life.

then will the experience as only HTML developer be helpful for further software development or web development jobs (I mean working on stack of technologies rather than a single technology)?

There are so much more than just the coding side that benefits..

Do you plan on absorbing "real world business" experience, or turning a deaf ear to it?
Do you plan on absorbing how a "real world office/team environment" works, or turning a deaf ear to it?

Do such job will create hurdle to apply any further jobs including multiple technologies?

Do you not plan on exercising or learning while there?

Should I pick up the job?

That's up to you bub. I have zero idea what current job situation is, income, time commitment, work ethic, resistence to change, etc.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enterprise Software Architect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

I am actually scared to know how complicated the job could possibly be,, doing ONLY HTML. Use an IDE like MS Expressions or Dreamweaver and you would never have to do a damn thing, even those programs can get a basic input tag right!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

On the positive side, experience working on real code that's really going to be deployed to real users is always a good thing, particularly if you're working with someone who's willing to commit the time to help you be a better developer and if you're capable of learning from that person.

On the other side, I'm a full-time web developer also working on a web side project, and looking at a template once every few weeks is as close as I get to doing anything with HTML. Almost everything I do is about calculating what sort of results I should be sending to where. So I'm not sure how a job working only with static could give you a whole lot of relevant experience. Might be a waste of time.

One thing's for sure, the most important part of the job is what you can learn from it. Look for that when you're evaluating the position: will it make you a better programmer? A better candidate for employment? A better person? If you can honestly find that two of those are likely to be true, then maybe you should take it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1