4 Replies - 875 Views - Last Post: 16 October 2015 - 07:33 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Making website out of app code

Posted 15 October 2015 - 09:58 AM

Hi I'm creating my first mobile app for iOS, however I am a designer and not a coder -- I am contracting out people for the coding. The app allows users to post their favorite businesses, rate, review and etc. It also contains an event and forum page. At completion, I will own the code to the app. Is it possible to use the code to create a synchronized website -- meaning if a user posts something to the app it'll also appear in the website and vice verses -- or will that require a whole new process?

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Making website out of app code

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making website out of app code

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

What does "post to the app" mean? Is that going to a database somewhere to be seen by other folk?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

Think of it like facebook, for example. If one posts an image on the facebook app, they can also see that same image when they log into facebook via a web browser. Likewise, my app will allow users to add content in the app -- post events, topics in the forum, etc. I'd like to have a website that reflects everything that has been created by users in the app -- pretty much the app only in website form. How would one go about building that website? In other words, if you had the source code of the app would that be fairly simple to achieve or still a lot of work?

Thank you
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Again - does your app have some sort of database or server component you are not aware of? You know were all those posts, pictures, etc are stored?

Slapping a web front end to that shouldn't be a major problem if it is all laid out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:33 AM

Again, I'm just a designer so in all honesty I don't totally understand where all the content would live -- my developers do. I suppose I need to get more educated on how all that works. Thank you for your reply.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1