Yep, check it out again

Page 1 of 1

12 Replies - 1981 Views - Last Post: 15 June 2002 - 07:53 PM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Vextor: Site Redone

Posted 12 June 2002 - 08:13 AM

Hey everyone it's me again. Nothin like a few hours of lost sleep! Anyway, thanks a ton for all of your input. I read through all of them, but before the third post was up I was back to re-doing the website. It looks totally different now, tell me what you think.

As far as learning HTML, I plan on it. I figure, however, that using dreamweaver like I am I can get a firm grasp on a lot of code funcitons and what not. As a matter of fact, I already have some of that under my belt. Though, it will take time, so your going to have to be patient ;)

Anyway, check out the site. Its a bit large, but same as last time. Input, improvements, better? Worse?

Oh and BTW, none of the links are up yet. I just want to take it step by step, and don't worry i plan on taking this one all the way. I like it better :)

Drop me a line!
Vextor.com!
Peace,
Vextor

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Vextor: Site Redone

• Dream.In.Force

• View blog

Re: Vextor: Site Redone

Posted 12 June 2002 - 08:37 AM

Interesting beginning... The roll overs on the nav don't work when you touch the buttons, you have to go past the image to where the text is displayed to get what the button is for. Is the mis alignment of the nav intended? If so it's a bit distracting with the first one off to the side and the next three out the way they are. Plus the flash arrows on only three of them adds to the jumbled mess.

The ad at the top really detracts from your header and the page as a whole.

The white space between the header image and the page content causes it to feel chopped. I would suggest trying to better incorperate the head logo into the page. Try also to better combine the blue in the buttons with the Vextor.com image.

Why so much space between the nav buttons? The nav button images need some cleaning up around the edges.

Seems like a half decent start.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2002 - 09:07 AM

nothing matches up on the site. you have this incredibly huge and busy header.. then everything else is very very plain. The animations are quite distracting and don't really serve a useful purpose? The flashing text is annoying too. I'd recommend staying away from flash at this point. Get started with the basics then work your way up.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2002 - 09:34 AM

ok cool thanks for the input!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2002 - 09:59 AM

ive seen this in both the websites youve done so far... the text doesnt seem readable... the blue on black was too harsh and now this you cant really focus on the text. you need to get the people to focus on the main content of your site the text.
i would yet again get rid of the nav buttons and then align the nav all to the left so you have Some order in the page.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2002 - 10:08 PM

Well heres second draft, tell me what you think again. I came up with my own logo and re did the site a bit. Took out the flash animations and fleshed it out a bit more. It still feels a bit hallow to me, though im working on it. The text may still be hard to read on the nav buttons, but I can easily change that if everyone advises me to. As far as lining the nav buttons up on one side... that just isn't my style. Though, if you think it will improve it, I can do that as well. The way I have them laid out around the image now seems a bit more organized. Though i might be mistaken. Yet again, the links wont work. Not until I finalize my main page and figure the style i want for the rest of the pages. Tell me what you think again, the link also change a bit as well.

Vextor.com
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• cur tu me vexas?

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 12:56 PM

It's definitely cleaner now.

I'm on 800x600 and I can't see anything but the banner and title without scrolling. With all that empty space, I'm sure you could tighten things together a little more, and/or make it scalable for smaller monitors...

The inside pages work way better than the front (as long as I don't need to read the update bar).

The pop ups are gong to drive me insane.

But it's definitely improved over the last one! Keep working on it. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 01:10 PM

Oh good I am making a improvement! :) Cool, well i think im going to take out the updates bar. IM sure i could tighten it up a bit too :) Thanks a ton for the input! Yea, i can't stop the pop ups unless i get another host. Which i will eventually do, but i figured i don't need to do that just yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 06:02 PM

your nav button text is a bit hard to read. your nav buttons could also be cleaned up. notice the border of the buttons don't look clean. also, your various lines around the site dont' seem to serve a purpose to the design. i mean... there's lots of them scattered everywhere, without anything realling pulling the site together. its hard to explain.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• nooneenooneenooonee
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 07:33 PM

I'm just getting a 404 page... did you remove the site to work on it or something?

Cheers Sam :(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 June 2002 - 09:13 PM

Hrm, sam which link did you try? I did change the link a bit. Try this oneVextor.com

Anyway, ok thanks for the input. Keep it coming, ill keep working on it. Also, riceraver, did you see my gaming page. It doesn't have very much content, but if you get a chance check it out. The lines aren't so, scattered everywhere. The layout for my other pages is going to be different. Also, the deal with the lines was to kind of border stuff a bit. Should I take them out? I'll work on the buttons a bit too!

Thanks again guys im workin on it :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2002 - 07:39 AM

i'm not saying get rid of the lines. Its part of your design. I'm just saying.. make it coherent within the design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2002 - 07:53 PM

I see, well I got rid of some of them to make it a bit more organized. Anyway, thanks for the input everyone
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1