2 Replies - 485 Views - Last Post: 13 November 2015 - 05:22 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Web Browser Control - Rendered PDF not saving to correct location

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

Hi, I have an issue with a .net application. This application opens PDFs that are stored on the C drive locally through a web browser control. Once the user opens one of the PDFs, they have the ability to highlight text or add comments. When the user tries to save, the dialog box opens to save in a location that is different than where the PDF is located. What I've noticed is that it's opening to where ever the last place you saved a PDF file.

This issue came up after we switched from IE 9 to IE 11. I've tried to research this issue, but no luck. This is legacy application, and I am very inexperienced with .net/c# development. In our code I only see the navigate method called to open the PDF. However, I don't see anything in regards to saving. I see using Process Monitor, that AcroRd32 is being used to open the PDF in Adobe Reader X. It's like we are letting Adobe handle the saving.

I've also tested opening and saving a pdf just through normal windows explorer. In this case, the PDF will attempt to save back to where I opened it from. It looks like the issue is occurring only within our application.

Can anyone explain what is happening? Possibly why it started after the upgrade to IE 11? Is there anything I can add in to make sure the save dialog box is pointing to the location of where that specific PDF was opened from.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Web Browser Control - Rendered PDF not saving to correct location

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Web Browser Control - Rendered PDF not saving to correct location

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:15 PM

You can save the opened directory and reuse it:

FileDialog.InitialDirectory Property
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• never lube your breaks
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Web Browser Control - Rendered PDF not saving to correct location

Posted 13 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

(There is a RestoreDirectory property as well, but I don't think it will help between the two different dialogs, although I haven't tested.)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1