6 Replies - 475 Views - Last Post: 09 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Greetings! New Forum User

Posted 06 January 2016 - 11:10 AM

Hey members! This is Binary Husky.

Greetings from Guatemala. I am aspiring to be a mobile app developer and eventually get involve in gaming coding. I am excited to be part of this forums since I am studying code in an auto didactic way.
My goals for this year are to learn different programming languages, its fundamentals, and abstract concepts. So that I can apply them to something useful in different fields such as networking, app developing, and eventually gaming.
My Future plans are to become a software engineer.

These are the programming languages that throughout the year i'll be learning
C C++
Java Objective-C

Any book references will be appreciated. In this moment I am focusing in the following books

Standard C library by P.J. Plauger
Algorithms in C by Robert Sedgewick

So I hope my questions will be beneficial for me and for the community in some form. See you later on the forums. Cheers!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Greetings! New Forum User

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Greetings! New Forum User

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:34 PM

Welcome to the club. If you follow thru it gets addicting, coding and this board.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Beginner
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:47 PM

Bienvenidos a DIC! Both of those are good books to work through. There are a lot of good books on programming, and there are pinned threads with lots of suggestions, so when you finish with those two, you won't starve for future reading.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:50 PM

Thanks guys! Yeah I know there are plenty of book when I finish those two books i'm considering learning modeling with data by Ben Clemens and there is plenty of material out there haha. I will definitely get addicted to programming.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 07 January 2016 - 04:39 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImageBinary Husky

View PostBinary Husky, on 06 January 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

Hey members! This is Binary Husky.

Hello Binary Husky. Welcome.

Greetings from Guatemala.

I fellow latino, good. I'm from Puerto Rico.

I am aspiring to be a mobile app developer and eventually get involve in gaming coding. I am excited to be part of this forums since I am studying code in an auto didactic way.

I'm also a self-learner. I'm studying object oriented programming on my own.

My goals for this year are to learn different programming languages, its fundamentals, and abstract concepts. So that I can apply them to something useful in different fields such as networking, app developing, and eventually gaming.
My Future plans are to become a software engineer.

Do you want to be an employee, a freelancer, or a business owner?

These are the programming languages that throughout the year i'll be learning
C C++
Java Objective-C

I know C from the 80's when I was in college. I'm studying C++ now. I plan to study Java, although I may drop Java from my plans. I'm not interested in Objective-C. I'm also interested in Haskell, Python, Ocaml, Ada, Coq, VDM++, and a few others.

See you later on the forums. Cheers!

I'm sure you'll like them. :)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageEnjoy your stay!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

Hi Betsemes, thanks! nice to mmet you. I hope that eventually we give support on C++ to each other and other members. I started self learning about 2 months ago and its been nice. My plans are too start a business along with my brother and a friend (they are web developers).

I have heard of Haskell, I currently have no plans on learning Haskell, but it interest me because I read that is powerful on mathematics. I do have plans of learning Python as soon as I finish the Cs and java mentioned before.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

View PostBinary Husky, on 09 January 2016 - 02:35 AM, said:

My plans are too start a business along with my brother and a friend (they are web developers).

I hope to start a business sometime in the future, I still don't know when. I do have a few projects I plan to build, and commercialize.

I have heard of Haskell, I currently have no plans on learning Haskell, but it interest me because I read that is powerful on mathematics.

As I read around, Haskell is a complete paradigm shift, from imperative to functional, which makes it a must to learn. There are other functional languages (well, more like multi-paradigm), but Haskell is pure functional. It takes time and effort to wrap the mind around it, but it's worth it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1