1 Replies - 1804 Views - Last Post: 29 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Kubuntu 15.10 Virtual Desktop issues

Posted 27 March 2016 - 09:00 AM

I have spent a lot of time trying to google this issue and have yet to figure it out. I just installed Kubuntu 15.10 on my AMD desktop and the main issues i'm having are graphic related.

The biggest problem i have now is the virtual desktops. I have 4 setup in total, the one that loads upon sign in works great, everything shows up and works fine! but if i switch to another one, its just a blank screen with a cursor. I can move programs/windows to it no problem and the screen edge triggers work as well, but there is no wallpaper, no task bar, icons, widgets, nothing... just what ever window i move to it.

My specs
AMD FX 8350
nVidia 660
Kubuntu 15.10

any thoughts??

[EDIT]I have narrowed it down to the Desktop Switching Animations....I disabled Desktop Cube Effect and now i have all of my desktops..

This post has been edited by UG Cyber: 27 March 2016 - 09:45 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Kubuntu 15.10 Virtual Desktop issues

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Re: Kubuntu 15.10 Virtual Desktop issues

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

Ok, I think I got it figured out.
When this was happening I was adjusting the screen under/overscan in the nVidia-Settings after startup... Also had an issue with screen tearing.

I found this thread and followed post #8 loosely
https://bbs.archlinu...c.php?id=145639
and ended up just writing a startup script for nvidia-settings and turning it back to OpenGL 2.0 in the system settings to fix the tearing. After re-boot, I now have all desktops again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1