9 Replies - 2359 Views - Last Post: 13 April 2017 - 04:34 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What are the uses of Illustrator & Photoshop.How do I use them?

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

I wanna know the benefit of uses this both software.Please assistance me to know the accurate benefits.Thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What are the uses of Illustrator & Photoshop.How do I use them?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What are the uses of Illustrator & Photoshop.How do I use them?

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:26 PM

One is really good at vector graphics and the other is more beneficial for classical drawing and photo editing.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:27 AM

You can edit your photo and many more with Photoshop.

and illustrator used for image drawing, logo design, illustrator works with vector, means if you want to make logo for big banner/billboard then vector is perfect. vector increase in size as much as you want without losing quality.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:52 AM

View Poststatbd7, on 06 May 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

I wanna know the benefit of uses this both software.Please assistance me to know the accurate benefits.Thanks!

Well the question of the uses has already been answered above. Here are some helpful sites for tutorials:

https://www.photoshoptutorials.ws/
http://photoshoptuts.com/

http://www.creativeb...torials-1232697
https://helpx.adobe..../tutorials.html

Of course you can find all kinds of tutorials on youtube for using them both.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:55 PM

Photoshop is mostly used for web designing. Illustrator is mostly used for logo, poster and banners designing, it is easier to use than Photoshop. But you can also design these things in Photoshop. Most designers know how to design in both, and they use both of them for designing. If you want to learn then start with Photoshop.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Bouncy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:00 AM

"Photoshop is mostly used for web designing."
Is that still the case?

I know little about these apps but I know how to use Google:

When to Use Adobe Illustrator vs. Photoshop vs. InDesign
Photoshop for web design: 20 pro tips

"Illustrator is mostly used for logo, poster and banners designing, it is easier to use than Photoshop. But you can also design these things in Photoshop."

The first link has this to say:

Do not create logos with Photoshop Its a bad idea that will do nothing but cost you time and money. Again, Photoshop is pixel, or raster based. If you create a logo with it, the files that it creates can not be enlarged or manipulated in the same manner that an Illustrator-based logo can.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

Photoshop and Illustrator both are used for designing webpage, flyers, logo and print graphics and so on. I am using both for designing web applications.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 September 2016 - 01:14 PM

Illustrator is used when you want a vector graphic, that is where its largest strength lays.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:24 AM

There is no definitive answer. I hear this question a lot, I've heard a lot of answers too and I never fully agree with them.

Graphic design is my job, so I use these apps quite a lot and I've seen people using them too in a very different way than mine.

- I think it's not great to use Photoshop for webdesign, because websites are responsive and, despite all Adobe's efforts to make Photoshop more flexible, it's still not a good choice. Photoshop was not good at it, now it's simply less bad at it than before (especially with some plugins to export CSS properties), but the only reason why so many companies use it for this purpose is that graphic design and integration are two tasks performed by two different people with different abilities, so they use a graphics software for the graphics and ask a graphics guy to use it even though web graphics are actually dynamic and require an understanding of both worlds.

- SVG is becoming more and more important in webdesign, which would actually make Inkscape the most useful app because SVG is not only an export format, it's its working format which means that you have, or could have, ways to control the generated code, which is amazingly useful when you need to manipulate it with Javascript later : imagine you client wants you to change the artwork after you've cleaned up the SVG code... it can become a nightmare.

- You can do a lot of stuff with Photoshop. It has a 3D rendering engine, you can create 3D objects' textures (projected on the actual mesh if you like), you can do animations with it, you can draw with fancy brushes registering the angle and pressure of your pen if you use a graphics tablet, you can of course edit photographs (PHOTOshop), but also generate procedural images, import and run every kind of filter you want, etc.

- Some people use Illustrator (Photoshop too) to create layouts, which is not that great because Indesign handles text, linked assets and pages better, but lots of people do it nonetheless, especially in packaging because they can have the outline in the same file as the artwork (which is utterly wrong, but they do it nonetheless)

- You can create a logo in Photoshop and export it as a PDF, it will keep its vector magic, so Photoshop is not a no-go even though Illustrator's modelling tools are more advanced. Actually, if you want to add some effects (lighting, shadows, reflections, textures, etc.), Photoshop is WAY more powerful than Illustrator (now you could argue that it isn't such a good idea to add these effects in a logo, but some people do it nonetheless).

I just want to say that, as long as you know what you're doing, as long as you control the quality of the end result, you can use whatever software you want. Just keep in mind that you may have to work with other people, sometimes of a different company than yours, and at some point you need to follow the standards of the industry even when they are wrong.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:34 AM

Photoshop software is used to modify the already created images like photos and graphics.
Illustrator is vector based software used by both artists and graphic designers to create vector images.These images will be used for logos and other uses..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1