Hey

I'm new here

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 621 Views - Last Post: 02 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Hey

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:25 AM

Well, I guess I'll introduce myself. I suppose you can call me Sormeki, it's what most people call me. I graduated from High School in June of 2007 with an Advanced Regents Diploma. I consider myself fairly good with HTML, but that's just about the only language I know "fluently". I would really like to learn more. Which is part of the reason I'm here, to learn as much as I can. I plan to go to college in the fall of 2008 and would eventually like to get into some programming classes and turn that into a career. At the moment, I would really like to learn the skills needed to make an image board site similar to how 4chan.org used to be. The mods there have gotten way too uptight and the site will soon be turning account based so you will need to buy a "gold" account to view more than 50 images. This wouldn't be so bad, because normally there would still be other sites like 7chan and 12chan, however, the admin from 4chan bought 7chan and is implementing his uptight rules, and 12chan's admin is low on cash and asking for donations, which he most likely won't get. So, I'd like to set up a new *chan for Anonymous to call home. It will keep the community alive, and give me a chance to practice new programming skills. Win-Win situation if you ask me. So, I'm here to learn. I'm sure there is much more information here than I could ever take in, but, I'll try my best. ^_^

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Hey

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Hey

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:43 PM

Welcome to Dream In Code!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:04 PM

Welcome to Dream in Code. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:37 AM

Welcome to dream in code! Glad you decided to join.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:26 PM

Welcome to Dream.In.Code Sormeki! Your goals seem noteworthy and I hope we can help you establish a new site. I take it that we will be seeing you a lot in our HTML & CSS forum and possibly javascript. I hope you reach your goal and create a wonderful free site that others can enjoy. The spirit of giving for free is alive and well on the Internet still, which is a good thing.

Enjoy the boards! :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Dirty Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:26 PM

Welcome to Dream.in.Code! I'll see you around the community.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1