5 Replies - 1580 Views - Last Post: 14 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Making an online store in flash!

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:38 AM

Hey!

I desperatly needs help! I have a task to make an online store. The task says this:

The online store needs to have 4 different chairs to choose from. The customer can choose as many chairs as they want to. Example: customer wants 3 pieces of chair number 1 and 6 pieces of chair number 3. There should also be possible to choose colour. The total price should be shown somewhere on the store, and if the price is over 10000 nok then you get 10% off. The customer should also have somewhere to write down their personal information and then get an confirmation that shows what they want to buy, their information and price. This is my task until thursday and i am desperate, because I really do not know what to do. My teacher said that I should use arrays, but still I have no clue.. Do you have any tips?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Making an online store in flash!

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Making an online store in flash!

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:49 AM

Flash seems like an odd choice for making this. It wouldn't have been out of place 10-15 years ago, but today you'd generally use more standard web technologies, like HTML, Javascript and probably a server-side language like PHP or Python.

My teacher said that I should use arrays, but still I have no clue.. Do you have any tips?

If your teacher is talking about Arrays, I assume you are in some sort of beginner programming class? Surely the class has covered the basics at this point?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:56 AM

I am in a beginner class, but really my teacher is not that good. So I don't really understand anything when it comes to arrays. It does not have any examples like this in my book, and my teacher is just talking about using arrays when he never really teached me how to use them...

This post has been edited by Atli: 14 June 2016 - 02:58 AM
Reason for edit:: No need to quite the whole post above you.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:03 AM

What does your book say about arrays? Have you read it carefully and tried to experiment with it?

Arrays are a very basic, and fairly simple, data structure, common to just about all programming languages. There is no shortage of tutorials and doc references about them out there. If you spend a few minutes on Google researching this, you will find a mountain of info on them.

Just a quick Google search for Arrays in ActionScript 3 turned up this, from Adobe's own site:
Basics of arrays
Creating arrays
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:13 AM

I have read them already. I undestand what it is and how to make an array. The problem is that i do not know how to use them. Like in this example when I am supposed to get a price out of it...

This post has been edited by Atli: 14 June 2016 - 04:20 AM
Reason for edit:: No need to quite the whole post above you.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enhance Your Calm
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:34 AM

You need to work out the logic of what you are trying to do. That's what programming is; nobody knows the logic before hand, our job is to work it out and then write it out as code. - Break the problem down into manageable pieces, and solve them like that. That's how all big problems are solved: in smaller pieces.

If you are unsure of how to work with arrays, then do some experimentation. Write some simple stuff that uses arrays and get familiar with them. Start by displaying items from an array in some simple way, then move on from there.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1