how is to be be a programer ?

• (2 Pages)
  • +

15 Replies - 1558 Views - Last Post: 04 September 2016 - 12:12 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:15 AM

Hello , i am new on this forum , i really didn't found any specific topic for my questions and i don't think i am allowed to make topic and i know the last reply on this topic was 2 years ago ? Anyway , my questions is , how is to be be a programer ? How did you learn it , what language do you think is good for a begier to learn first , how much time did you take to learn first progaming language , you learn it individual or school-ish ? I ask this question because i want to learn it to , i know there are so many tutorials but my main problem is i really dont know how to learn . Maybe my questions are common but try to give my an answer , i will wait here , thanks in advance .

--
mod: split from here.

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 08 July 2016 - 10:21 AM
Reason for edit:: split topic

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how is to be be a programer ?

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how is to be be a programer ?

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:21 AM

Have you checked the other myriad of posts in this area or the student section?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:36 AM

Sorry , i didn't , i asummed is just for studends not for guys like me , who want to learn it alone , i will try to search for answers here , still if someone can answers my questions , is welcome to do that :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

I dig it.

How did you learn it ,

Personal development, school, and back to personal development.

what language do you think is good for a begier to learn first ,

There's a pinned thread on that:
http://www.dreaminco...uage-conundrum/

how much time did you take to learn first progaming language ,

Some books claim to teach you in twenty-four hours, some a month, and typical classes last semesters. It depends on you.

you learn it individual or school-ish ?

Both.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

Thank you , i found some answers of my questions here to http://www.dreaminco...e-a-programmer/ , i am a bit insecure , sorry for made you search for me . I am thinking if i should learn programing , i have a low paid job and i really cant do nothing about it , thats why i want to learn something new and paid well , i was learn in school html and it was pretty cool but i think web developers will be no longer be search for work ...

Thank you again :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:31 PM

Okay?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:41 AM

Start learning form HTML because HTML and CSS. HTML is used to create the contents of the web pages like buttons, menus, media player etc. CSS is used to define the layout of the page e.g the font, size, color of text etc. CSS is more concerned with the looks of the website. But with HTML and CSS you also need a language to implement the functionality of the system. For this purpose you need to learn JAVA, PHP or .NET.

There are many sites available to learn programming like udemy, lynda and StackOverflow. Learning HTML and CSS does not take much time. You can learn PHP for implementing dynamic websites, it is easier to learn and use. But what ever language you choose to learn, you have to work hard and be persistent because development is not an easy task.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• blow up my boots
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:24 AM

You have assumed that the OP is interested in Web Development, he/she has given an indication that they are not interested in this route ("but i think web developers will be no longer be search for work ... ").

"For this purpose you need to learn JAVA, PHP or .NET." I would extend this to Python, Ruby, and a number of other (admittedly slightly less popular in terms of web-use) languages.

"Learning HTML and CSS does not take much time. " As a side point, I encourage people to spend more time on HTML and CSS then they do currently. It is a common myth that these take little time to master or even, disappointingly, require no time at all. CSS in particular is challenging to understand (properly) and master.

"You can learn PHP for implementing dynamic websites" It is Javascript that creates dynamic websites. PHP can be involved, delivering content via Ajax, but it is JS that provides dynamic, client-side, behaviours.

"But what ever language you choose to learn, you have to work hard and be persistent because development is not an easy task. " I agree ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:03 AM

"You can learn PHP for implementing dynamic websites" It is Javascript that creates dynamic websites. PHP can be involved, delivering content via Ajax, but it is JS that provides dynamic, client-side, behaviours.

I'll call you on this. The dynamic side is the server language. The spiffy interactions are JS.

Fully agree with the HTML and CSS routes. The syntax of HTML is easy to pick up and takes no time. The proper usage of the elements is more of a learn as you go activity and the CSS takes a while to master.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• blow up my boots
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:24 AM

Ta. I'm not sure whether to weasel my way out of this or to retire gracefully(?). Probably fall clumsily between the two :)

I suppose it depends on who you ask. Whether dynamic means "variable content" or "characterized by constant change, activity, or progress". I think I hark back to the days of DHTML for my interpretation of the phrase:

Dynamic HTML, or DHTML, is an umbrella term for a collection of technologies used together to create interactive and animated web sites[1] by using a combination of a static markup language (such as HTML), a client-side scripting language (such as Javascript), a presentation definition language (such as CSS), and the Document Object Model.

Wikipedia distinguishes between client and server:

A server-side dynamic web page is a web page whose construction is controlled by an application server processing server-side scripts. In server-side scripting, parameters determine how the assembly of every new web page proceeds, including the setting up of more client-side processing.

A client-side dynamic web page processes the web page using HTML scripting running in the browser as it loads. Javascript and other scripting languages determine the way the HTML in the received page is parsed into the Document Object Model, or DOM, that represents the loaded web page. The same client-side techniques can then dynamically update or change the DOM in the same way.

I shall endeavour to allow for a different interpretation in future posts [weasel][/weasel] ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:15 AM

How to become a programmer?
Program.

You're in this forums already. There are tons of resources here. Use it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:12 AM

Two weeks ago i decided to learn html and css , maybe when i finish learning those two then i will learn javascript/jquery and maybe i will search for a junior web developer job . Programing is not for me .
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• blow up my boots
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:47 AM

Programing is not for me .

Web Developer:

A web developer is a programmer who specializes in, or is specifically engaged in, the development of World Wide Web applications, or distributed network applications that are run over HTTP from a web server to a web browser.

Or perhaps you mean to stick with HTML, CSS (graphics, typography, design, etc.)? That is, everything apart from programming? Generally that role is entitled Web Designer:

Web design encompasses many different skills and disciplines in the production and maintenance of websites. The different areas of web design include web graphic design; interface design; authoring, including standardised code and proprietary software; user experience design; and search engine optimization. Often many individuals will work in teams covering different aspects of the design process, although some designers will cover them all.[1] The term web design is normally used to describe the design process relating to the front-end (client side) design of a website including writing mark up.

The boundaries are blurred, though, depending on the company, its size, etc..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Senior Systems Engineer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:50 AM

If programming is not for you, why would you look for a position in the field? That is a fast way to be miserable.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Exactly , web designer , i kinda like it and i know some photoshop , i will orther language when i am finish with css and html
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +