6 Replies - 1562 Views - Last Post: 16 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Constructive Feedback for my site The Fantasy Prophet

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:16 AM

Hi all,

I am finishing up a website that I've created: The Fantasy Prophet I am looking for some constructive feedback to help make the site look more aesthetically pleasing and professional. If any of you have some ideas I would love to hear them. Also, if you know anyone that does fantasy football please pass my site along to them. Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Constructive Feedback for my site The Fantasy Prophet

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Constructive Feedback for my site The Fantasy Prophet

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

Sorry my original link was broken. Here is the correct link: http://www.thefantasyprophet.com/
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 andrewsw   User is online

• Bouncy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:58 AM

I'm not sure what to say about the site. It's just some tables. It appears to be responsive, so that's good, and the tables are legible.

There's no introduction, no text or images (or other pages). "Nothing (other than tables) to see here". At least a description of the information, and perhaps where the figures come from and how determined, would be a start. A picture or two and other content! ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

Agreed.. color me "meh".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm more of a back end programmer, so design is where I am struggling right now. If you know of any good resources for designing websites I'd love to take a look at them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 andrewsw   User is online

• Bouncy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:55 PM

You cannot be struggling with design because you simply have no content yet. Only when you have some content will you know whether you struggle with design.

Even if you intend to sit and design the site first (its structure and navigation, and basic look), you still need some temporary, filler, content, to provide context for your design ideas. Even just some titles for a set of linked pages would be a start!

Perhaps you have missed out on some crucial questions:

• Who are you building the site for?
  • What exciting information - content - will it contain?

Eventually, design enters the equation when you start to consider your home page.

• What is a home page?
  • What should it contain?
  • Will your audience find it attractive, welcoming and informative?
  • Etc.

The home page is the gateway to your zen garden.

You haven't begun your journey so you cannot say that you've brought the wrong shoes.

I suggest you spend some time with Smashing Magazine but, even before this, spend some time looking at sites that are (or will be) similar to yours. You are looking to get a feel for your (web) subject, and for inspiration (not for something to copy ;) ).

To summarize, you cannot start to build a website (a single page doesn't count) until you decide that you have something to say, and some idea of who you are saying it to.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

Thanks everyone. I have included links in the navigation bar to some of the other pages of content. At this time, the content is mostly going to be tables displaying stats for fantasy football. I am working on adding some text to the pages to clarify the information.

I have also experimented with adding a logo and some color schemes to the site. If anyone has any feedback on either of these things I'd like to hear it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1