2 Replies - 747 Views - Last Post: 22 September 2016 - 06:45 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

conversion confusion

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

This is a question regarding "What would this mean.. I have a PDF file containing legal documents which were originally created in "WORD". The PDF is supposed to consist of true photocopies of documents. When I convert the PDF files to a docx file for highlighting using Word, I find there are fields/tables that I can move e.g. signatures fields. My question is, "If this is a photocopy (image) of the true document, would there be a cut and paste / moveable section in the converted document (from PDF to docx)?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: conversion confusion

• Code herder
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: conversion confusion

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:47 PM

This doesn't feel like a C++ question. I'm moving this over into the Corner Cubicle for discussion because this looks to be more of an IT question.

In response to your query, I highly doubt that an image embedded into a PDF, and then the PDF converted into Word would have such defined fields. It should still be an image in Word unless you have some very sophisticated OCR happening at some point in your conversion chain above.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Enterprise Software Architect
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: conversion confusion

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:45 AM

If the pdf was originally created in word, then it would not be an image. Of you convert word to off and back to word, you have a word document. If the pdf was created by scanning a document, it would be different, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1