2 Replies - 1207 Views - Last Post: 28 September 2016 - 04:19 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Working again with Flash & Actionscript

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:25 AM

So I'm trying to work through some examples I have been able to find on Youtube and so far it's not working and I'm not seeing what the problem is. I can only suspect that it has something to do with particulars with the software or even just specifics about the use of the code.
So here's what I have...

I'm running Flash CS6 installed locally on a Windows 7 desktop machine. I have created a new "Flash project" so it's entirely empty, one layer 1024 X 768 . I created a simple drawing of a rocket / bullet shape, grouped the object and then converted it to a move clip symbol named bullet. I then gave that move clip an instance name of bullet_mc. So, next i add a layer to the timeline and name it "AS" I select the 1st frame (only frame) and open the "Actions" panel and enter the following code as demonstrated in the Youtube video...

addEventListener (Event.ENTER_FRAME, bulletgo);
	function bulletgo (e.Event):void{

bullet_mc.x = mouseX;
		   bullet_mc.y = mousey;
	}

When I test the movie in the browser I get nothing. The file in the video works so I have to asume the code is correct but that I have or am missing something somewhere.

can anyone point me in the right direction?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Working again with Flash & Actionscript

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Working again with Flash & Actionscript

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:01 PM

You should test the movie inside Flash itself, so that any error messages will show up in the console. There's an entry in the Run menu I think to test or debug the movie.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Working again with Flash & Actionscript

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:19 AM

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 27 September 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

You should test the movie inside Flash itself, so that any error messages will show up in the console. There's an entry in the Run menu I think to test or debug the movie.

Thank you for the response. That is a good tip though I doo like the convenience of the f12 key.
Also I did find the problem with my code, apparently. In any event it's working
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1