4 Replies - 1670 Views - Last Post: 29 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Flash insist on using I.E. instead of Google Chrome

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:12 AM

First; I am using Flash CS6 installed locally on a Windows 7 desktop machine.

Whenever I run my movie in the browser F12 it persist in firing up Internet Explorer. I had hoped that changing Window's default browser to Google Chrome would fix that. No such luck. I thought at one point I had corrected the issue with i.e. but it has reverted back to failing to run the flash player. The reason I tried to change the default browser in the first place. In any event for reasons that completely baffle me when I hit the F12 key flash fires off Internet Explorer. and I have to physically go into the project folder and right click the html file and click "Open With" then select Chrome. to test / play my movie.

I seem to recall that other Adobe software such as Dremweaver allow you to choose the browser you want to run your project in.

Can I do this in Flash?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flash insist on using I.E. instead of Google Chrome

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Flash insist on using I.E. instead of Google Chrome

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:25 AM

Firstly, HTML5 supports the display of video and audio WITHOUT Flash. A quick Google search will tell you more:
The Death of Flash

Secondly, I'm sure that there would be a settings page somewhere that would allow you to configure such a thing. Perhaps under "Edit > Preferences..." on the toolbar. Have you checked there?

This post has been edited by IOExceptional: 28 September 2016 - 05:26 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:19 AM

If you have to right-click and "Open With", then Chrome isn't your default browser. You should be able to just double-click on the file to open it in the default browser, if that's launching IE then that is still set as your default browser.

In any event for reasons that completely baffle me

Welcome to the wonderful world of Adobe software.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:12 PM

View PostArtificialSoldier, on 28 September 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

If you have to right-click and "Open With", then Chrome isn't your default browser. You should be able to just double-click on the file to open it in the default browser, if that's launching IE then that is still set as your default browser.

In any event for reasons that completely baffle me

Welcome to the wonderful world of Adobe software.

Actually Chrome is the default browser. Believe it or not I do know how to set the default browser. To illustrate the point, please observe..

Posted Image

Or if you prefer; this is the properties dialogue box for the file in question...

Posted Image

As I said for reasons that completely baffle me when I hit F12 Flash fires off Internet Explorer. It would be really great If I could tell Flash to use a different browser than the one it thinks is the default or even just a different browser than the one it insist on using. In this case I.E.

I can't help but think that it would be so Un-Adobe if they were to build Flash on the same model as they did Dreamweaver . For instance here is a screenshot of the "Preview in Browser" menu item in Dreamweaver...

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:34 PM

I would make sure that Chrome is actually the default browser rather than just the program to handle .html files. It looks like there are instructions for Windows 7 here:

https://support.goog...wer/95417?hl=en
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1