2 Replies - 751 Views - Last Post: 11 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Undercutting staffing companies.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

So I've been a contractor for about a year now. I make very good money, but I found out my company actually gets more than double the amount I make off of my work (talk about freeloaders!).

What is there to prevent someone like me cutting a deal with the company i am assigned to? I could double my income and they would be saving money. My situation is somewhat complicated in that I go through two companies, and I didn't actually sign anything saying I couldn't do this. I wonder if the company I'm assigned to has signed something?

Does anyone know or have experience with this sort of situation? Can you give me details?

This post has been edited by NecroWinter: 11 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Undercutting staffing companies.

#2 modi123_1   User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Undercutting staffing companies.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:42 PM

It is very well possible they have signed a no-poaching clause.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Xamarin Cert. Dev.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Undercutting staffing companies.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

Well of course the company makes money off you. Its not freeloading.

They spend time (and thus money) verifying you, finding you, finding companies, getting the contracts with the companies... matching coders with client needs... handling your payroll and taxes...

If you were truly freelance I'll guarantee your end of year total would be about half, because of all the time you spend just trying to find your next contract gig, proving to them you're worth the money, and so on.

Contractors like you will come and go from companies that you're contracted to. But the *need* for people will always be there. The client is not going to burn their labor provider by poaching you because they will loose their source of contractors.

Getting you for half what they're currently paying doesn't come close to what a company spends in the highering and interviewing process.

Plus as a contractor they can drop you like a hot rock. As an employee they have all those pesky labor laws to deal with.

In the end there is no advantage to them for doing it.

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 11 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1