1 Replies - 1187 Views - Last Post: 26 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need a critique for what I can improve

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Ok, so I have been thinking for a while about sitting down with someone to do a consultation on my website.

Some background info: I'm a game developer, and a tutor. I have spent most of the past few months teaching people how to program, while splitting between game development. So the site is about education as well as games, because I'm trying to post information and resources about development (seems like I've done more of that than the game side for the past few months).

I am working alone, and even though I have a lot more experience with backend, I'm really not good at front-end. When I worked for a corporation doing enterprise websites, I always did the backend Java and some database work, for example.

UI and making things look good is not my strong point (great for a game developer right? lol...don't worry, I have a lot of people test my games and give feedback on the visuals, and I hire contractors to help with the art and UI).

I pretty much took a huge leap in doing the website, and I am very interested in learning how to improve, I just get overwhelmed with information and to-dos that I feel like I am very sporadic in my learning as a website owner.

If you guys could provide candid criticism, as well as what works well (so that I know to keep doing those things), I would really be grateful. Also, if you have any suggestions for good resources I should read, I will put together a "learning plan" for how I can improve. Sometimes with just Googling I feel like it's information overload, it's like going down a rabbithole, and since I'm already stretched pretty thin I'm trying to get a more targeted approach.

I am currently using the Mantra Wordpress theme.

The site is cloudyheavengames.com.

I know I need to step up my game, and I look forward to feedback. :helpsmilie:

Thanks!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need a critique for what I can improve

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Need a critique for what I can improve

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

Side note, am I blind? I feel like I can't find the edit button anywhere. Maybe I need to step back from the computer screen and log off for the night? I feel like a mess right now lol :lol: :sweatdrop:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1