2 Replies - 1115 Views - Last Post: 03 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Need Career Help? Lost!

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:24 AM

Hey guys,

I need some career advice. So let me introduce myself,

I'm a Computer Science graduate and have been working for an IT MNC for past 2+ years. Before getting into job, I did an Oracle Certification in Java Associate Programmer SE7 but I got job for a .Net Project, where I spent almost 15 months doing C#, ASP.Net, SQL, etc. After that I got into a Full Stack Programmer profile, as a MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, NodeJS) developer and since then I have been working more on the front-end part. Now I'm looking for a job change, but most of the companies I go for interview offers me a front-end job, but I want to work as a back-end dev, more on Java/C#/SQL part. So my question is, did I waste my time in learning and working on MEAN stack, as because of that I have lost my understanding on Java, C# and SQL. Also, I want to get a job at big IT giants like Microsoft, Google, etc. So I have to focus more on data structures and algorithms part in order to get into them.

Need some suggestions, what am I doing with my life, where I am leading...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Need Career Help? Lost!

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Career Help? Lost!

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

** Moved to corner cubicle **
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Need Career Help? Lost!

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:11 AM

This will not tell you where your live is heading, but I can affirm you that developing MEAN was not a waste of your precious time.
Any new language and new technology you learn will help you become a better developer.
You gain experience in handling new situations, new languages, gain understandig of concepts, approaches and so on.
When it comes to me, its better for an IT professional to vary oneīs work from time to time than repeating the same stuff over and over for a lifetime.
So dont hang in there and just keep looking for a job that suites your wishes.

Although I have to admit I donīt know how to get a job at Google and other big IT players.
This is gonna be a tough and competetive task based on what you hear about it.
If I knew how, I propably would have walked that road by now. :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1