compiling c#

Im totally new to C#

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 2523 Views - Last Post: 27 December 2007 - 08:55 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

compiling c#

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:08 PM

Hello,

I feel embarassed to ask this but, im needing help about how to compile a c# program. I downloaded the SDK 1.1 , but all i see is tons of documentation. I've went over it and can't find a place to figure out how to compile a program. So yea as of now all i have is Microsoft .NET Framework SDK v1.1 installed is this all i need? So from here im stuck on what to do. I understand that you can write the program in any text editor i just want to know how to access the compiler.

THnx

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: compiling c#

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: compiling c#

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:15 PM

Now you need an IDE to write and compile with. I suggest, for beginners, C# 2005 Express Edition to get you use to the language, then as you grow as a programmer move up to Visual Studio 2005.

Next thing you need to do is download and install .Net 2.0 as 1.1 is outdated (yes I know 3.0 and 3.5 are already out) but start with at least 2.0.

Google C# 2005 Express Edition and it will return links for downloading the IDE.

Hope that helps :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

Yea i googled IDE for C# and came up with random stuff. As always most appreciated if I have more questions I'll be sure to ask you.

J
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Student of Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:07 PM

If you decide you still want to work through the command window to compile your code. You can find instructions at the following links.

Working with the C# 2.0 Command Line Compiler.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:20 PM

Forget VS.net Express or Pro
if you want just to start learning C# pick any small IDE for example : sharpDevelop you can download it here => http://www.icsharpco...SD/Default.aspx (and it's only 8 MB)
Other wise you have the option to use monoDevelop if you like to develop under linux/osX/windows but i wont recommend that to you (Ref books are messy in gtk , and others)
Anyway if you still like to use VS.net express edition , you can find it here => http://www.microsoft...ad/default.aspx (Go to the C# *scroll down* and select english)
and good luck with learning C# :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:52 AM

Forget VS.net Express or Pro
if you want just to start learning C# pick any small IDE for example : sharpDevelop you can download it here => http://www.icsharpco...SD/Default.aspx (and it's only 8 MB)
Other wise you have the option to use monoDevelop if you like to develop under linux/osX/windows but i wont recommend that to you (Ref books are messy in gtk , and others)

.. or you could just comply with an extremely wide and used standard, and download a 33mb (approx) IDE thats officially supported by Microsoft. :P

This post has been edited by RodgerB: 26 December 2007 - 04:53 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:55 AM

As stated by Jayman, you do not actually need an IDE at all. You can easily compile C# using the command line interface, and write the code in any text editor. Easy as pie.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1