3 Replies - 672 Views - Last Post: 20 February 2017 - 07:23 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

VB6 user control in VB.NET

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

Greetings,

I have a VB 6 user control I got from somewhere I do not remember where. I made it into an *.ocx file a few years ago. I have been using it in VB 2010 and everything has been fine, but I caught a bug. I removed it but the damage the bug caused was extensive. I tried a few things and decided to re-format my computer. I have done this a hundred or so times before. I reinstalled everything and proceeded to go back to working on a program for traveller RPG. Loaded the program in and everything with the user control in it caused errors. There are so many errors it has maxed the error count at 102 errors. I have been trying for a month or so to correct the errors in the user control, but I do not possess the skills to fix the control. I have the VB 6 code for the user control. So I am asking if some one can walk me through fixing the control or fix it form me.

I did not think posting the 102 errors in the user control or the 500 lines of code would be right but I have a pastebin account and have put it there.

The following is its location:

http://pastebin.com/8gUgMeBB

If this is not the right place to ask for this kind of help, I understand and will not trouble the forum again.

Regards,
Seaeagle

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VB6 user control in VB.NET

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VB6 user control in VB.NET

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

Is this a for-pay job?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Foo
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:42 AM

Hello,

I did not think posting the 102 errors in the user control or the 500 lines of code would be right but I have a pastebin account and have put it there.

It is always right to post errors and the code, as otherwise how do we know what the issue is?

Saying that, the link you have posted only includes the code, so wheres the errors?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Custom Control Freak
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:23 AM

Without knowing your situation, my opinion would be to just dump the old vb6 control and recreate a modern .net control library (dll). From the looks of your vb6 code, it would be fairly easy to re-create the shaped button control using modern .net methods.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1